Sleeping Bag for Larger Person

Napperm4

WKR
For a bag - montbell super spiral tall have been good to us. I’m 6’ 225 and my brother is 6’5 280. Sierra designs back country bed in tall is also decent, packs down quite nice in the 800+ fill.

We’ve all gone to quilts for backcountry use now as they are just much more comfortable and available in wide to extra wide along with tall and extra tall from different manufacturers. They’re lighter and more compact than the tight cut lightweight mummy bags. Just as warm and far far more comfortable

2rsquared

Lil-Rokslider
We are the same size 6'4" 235.

I went with a UGQ 10^ custom quilt. Got the longest and widest they make and had plenty of room to toss and turn (I 'm an active sleeper) with no drafts.

Worked great on a week long October trip in WY. Snowed a few days and was toasty with light base layers and a beanie.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the Sea to Summit Explore down bag. I am 6'1" 250 and have the large size, plenty of room for tossing and turning as I do side sleeping. Hate a the hotdog feel of a traditional mummy bag. I sleep warmer than my wife or my hunting buddy and fine the 25* rating to be comfortable. Have slept in puffy layers down to 15* but will be getting the 5* bag for those trips. The 25* long is 2lb 10.5 ouces so not ultra light buy very light compared to other bags this roomy. tripply zipper means to can open both side and the foot box seperately which is very nice for adjusting temp. The adjustable pad straps are very convenient for keeping the bag on a wide pad system including the 30" wide Klymit Static V Insulated