Sleeping pad and bag suggestions

Tglover

FNG
Ok so I am going on my first Elk Hunt next sept. Going to CO and starting to get the required gear. I am wanting you guys suggestion for a sleeping pad and sleeping bag for backpacking hunts. I plan on doing a western hunt every year from now on. What’s the best option? Best value? Any and all suggestions are appreciated and especially personal use suggestions. Thanks

Check out kifaru slick bags or any of the western mountaineering bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T

Tglover

FNG
Well I just pulled the trigger on a Nemo Riff 15 bag I got on sale. Now I am looking for a mat. My budget is the middle of the road, I have never done this so basically I want to have quality stuff so I can enjoy but I also don’t want to buy the best of the best bc I am going at most once a year. But I do want to sleep good and stay warm. I spent 350 on the bag, I just couldn’t make myself spend 500-600$ for a sleeping bag. So I want a good pad for this bag but I don’t want to spend 300 dollars for it

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
Western Mountaineering but they are a bit pricey. You get what you pay for though.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Ive been using a Western Mountaineering Badger with an EXPED Synmat UL pad. Best combo I've ever used personally.

For budget options, I always thought Marmot made some decent bags that are ~1/2 the price of a western mountaineering.

renagde

WKR
Buy used or clearance gear. I use a Thermarest Neoair Xtherm and a zpacks classic 5* bag. Full retail is close to $600 for the two. I paid $240 total for both. It's a good time of year to be buying stuff because it's the end of camping season and the end of the year so people and stores are offloading stock.