Slick Trick ViperTrick vs Slick Trick Standard vs Exodus-- my observations

Ccoggin

FNG
First off, I am by no means a "Pro" archer, but I just thought I would make a post on some of my broadhead testing for my upcoming elk hunt in hopes that it may help others looking at the same setups. I have tested the ST ViperTrick, the ST standard, and the Exodus full blade all in the 125gr. The first head I tried was the ViperTrick, and up/down height was dead on with my field points, however it was 2-3in right. I adjusted my rest 1/32in and got it shooting dead center. At 30yds, the ViperTrick would group in a consistent 3'' diameter. Also, a side note for the ViperTrick, I have shot this head at 60yds and 70yds and have centered each one but it is the only head I've tested past 50yds. The second head I tried was the Exodus, and straight out of the pack I could tell it was extremely sharp. After shooting my routine of 10-12 shots at distances from 20-50yds the Exodus hit where ever I put it. It grouped just as good as the ViperTrick if not slightly better, however the thing that impressed me on this head was that even after a dozen shots the blades were still sharp enough to shave hair off my arm with ease. The final head I tried was the ST standard. This head shot excellent groups, within a 2'' diameter, but the only negative was that they were 2-3'' low compared to the other two heads. In conclusion, based on what I've seen in my practice, I will probably be going with the Exodus for shots under 40yds and using the ViperTrick on the 50yds and beyond. I don't think you could go wrong with any of these heads but this was just the results for my setup and I hope someone gets some useful information from this.

Some other things to consider is the Slick Tricks come in a pack of 4 while the Exodus comes in a normal pack of 3.

My setup: Matthews VXR 31.5, 28'' draw, 66lbs draw weight
Arrows: Easton FMJ 28.5'' length, weight with tip approx 492gr

ncavi8tor

WKR
I don’t think you can make a bad choice between those heads you are testing!! I do like the Exodus better than the STs as far as durability. I had a ST Magnum ferrule break in half at impact on a whitetail several years ago and I stopped using them. FYI

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I don’t think you can make a bad choice between those heads you are testing!! I do like the Exodus better than the STs as far as durability. I had a ST Magnum ferrule break in half at impact on a whitetail several years ago and I stopped using them. FYI

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
And here I thought I was the only one that had a ST magnum ferrule break in half like that! I sent mine back to the company with an explanation ….never got a response back.

GarrettA

FNG
New to RS. As well as hunting in general. My buddies all use the slick tricks 125 and that’s what I’ve been using now too. Shoot pretty much the same as field points for accuracy. Plus they come in 4 pack.

D.Blake

Lil-Rokslider
All great choices. Im a 125 slick trick guy myself. I've had complete pass throughs on the last 4 deer I have shot, including one doe from a ground blind that I shot clean through both front shoulders at 25 yards. I actually lost the broadhead because it buried so far into a cottonwood after passing through!

Shoot whatever you feel most comfortable with! (Except Rage ;))