slider cants away from me on slider sight?

I put a fast eddie on my bowtech experience and thought it looked like it was canted away from me (top of slider closer to me bottom further away). Put it in a vice and made string plum and sure evough it's canted away when I put a bubble on the slider portion of the sight. Not sure if I can even adjust or if this even am issue and I'm overthinking things? Doesn't seem right though. I have sighted in and shoot fine out to 70 with it. Axis were all set up with the hamskea 2nd gen tool

wapitibob

WKR
Knowing how it's made, it's almost impossible to be out of 90 deg between the extension mounting holes and the sight rail dovetail. I would check the sight mounting holes in the riser and their relation to the string. Take the sight off then screw the flat heads back in and run your level against the side of the two screws and check plum to the string. It won't be perfect but should be close. Also, if your limb tiller is off it'll change the angle of the string to the riser centerline.

It's not going to matter.

Shoot to marks, even if the pin is getting 1/32 farther away from you it won't matter.

And it's likely it's in the bow, not the sight.

Reactions: Zac
Just curious if it’s level to the riser? You said you leveled the string?

I plumb the string. I'd think the string should be even to the front of the riser, but I don't know. Doesn't much matter to me. The way I see it everything works off the string, start playing with cam lean or shimming and it changes the relation of the string to the riser or limb pockets, so I ignore them.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I have sighted in and shoot fine out to 70 with it.

Then its a non issue. I almost have stopped using levels except on the riser. I bet if you took a 3' level limb pocket to limb pocket you would find your string isnt plumb. But at the end of the day it doesnt seem to matter so I wouldnt worry about it.

Ya I was curious cause after watching some videos from hamskea and then calling a few shops (Lancaster, No limits, RMS gear) they all seem to have a different opinion on wether you should level the string when leveling the sight or level the riser.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Ya I was curious cause after watching some videos from hamskea and then calling a few shops (Lancaster, No limits, RMS gear) they all seem to have a different opinion on wether you should level the string when leveling the sight or level the riser.

Take this for what ever its worth.
I start by leveling the riser and then set my sight on. The bubble level on my BG has always been level starting off like this. I just use a string line to check that the pins fall plumb and that my second axis reflects level. Then I check my 3rd axis at full draw. I hardly ever use a string level as my string is always canted to get tuned. I havent had one end up plum when tuned yet due to cam lean at rest.

As I said in post #6, I plumb the string.

I don't worry about limb pockets or risers, I work everything off the string. Likely they are the same or close.

OP
bojangles808
i always thought you get the string plumb and then get the rail level to the string (1st axis, not all hunintg sights have this feature) . then put the hamskea axis tool and get the sight bubble level to rail. (2nd axis)

wapitibob

WKR

All a sight bubble does is provide a visual reference to let you know when the sight rail or pin stack is vertical, that's it. The riser can be sitting at 45 deg, and as long as the rail is vertical you'll be fine.