Slug gun for whitetails

It seems that 20 gauge is the way to go? I ask because savage makes the 20 gauge in a left handed. They don't make the 12 gauge in the left handed and I would prefer a left handed version.

Jsuss

FNG
I had a phone malfunction!! Accuracy was acceptable. 3" at 150 yards for 5 shots. I put a leupold VX-freedom muzzleloader 3-9x40 on it. Seems to work well.
Thank you! really appreciate the quick response. I just picked up the gun from one of the local shops here, had to call a ton to find it. everybody is sold out. now i just need to find ammo for it, everybody is sold out of that as well! I'll check out the scope, appreciate the feedback.

Jsuss

FNG
It seems that 20 gauge is the way to go? I ask because savage makes the 20 gauge in a left handed. They don't make the 12 gauge in the left handed and I would prefer a left handed version.
20 gauge should work nicely for white tail and black bear...I haven't shot it yet, but will let everybody know if we end up being successful in a few weeks when deer season opens here in New York

Savage bolt action 20gauge.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this

and looks like you found one.,,,,,,,,,don't know where in NY you are, but I know several places that have some ammo here still for 20ga if you need help PM me! Good luck this season!

Orbis

FNG
I've killed more deer than I can count with a bone stock Mossberg 500. Cantilevered rifled barrel and whatever slugs were on sale at the time.
What have you found max effective range to be with this setup?