Smartwater bottle holder recommendations?

I'm considering ditching my bladder this year and running super light SmartWater bottles instead.
Anyone have a recommendation for a lightweight waterbottle holder that fit the skinny SmartWater bottles?

I liked how easy it was to drink with a bladder without having to stop and drop your pack. Would ideally like to be able to grab my bottle with my pack on. My hipbelts have molle webbing. Most bottle holders I've seen are overbuilt for the wider nalgene bottles.

Dirtydan

Lil-Rokslider
Take a couple pieces of bungee cord and tie a couple loops onto your shoulder straps to find out if you can shoot or not. A couple manufacturers sell such an item for their packs. I tried it and hated the placement not only from a shooting aspect but also just a hiking one.

What pack are you running?
I was out today with the SG and had the same thought about a smartwater holster
I think they are to tall to be on belt unless angled.
The SG hydro holster works but would like it skinnier and with a firmer opening.
A Copy of the holster with less diameter and a touch tall, then reinforced opening would be perfect I think.

Here is another Amazon generic holder with drawstring

Attachments

• 1B95D9EB-F314-4690-BE77-E0AB22FE3FFB.png
    1B95D9EB-F314-4690-BE77-E0AB22FE3FFB.png
    1 MB · Views: 98

sneaky

"DADDY"
I use the Camelbak bottle pouch that is designed for their bottles. It works perfect for the Smartwater bottles or other water bottles. I use it on my Exo belt. I haven't used a bladder system in years.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Zpacks. $25 less than 1 oz

i use them on my light backpacking rig. like a lot of ultra light gear, they are not bombproof but they have held up reasonably well.

Cutting weight is a great idea, but not all the light gear will hold up to hunting use. as a general matter, I have played with a few ultra light mods on my nonhunting backpacking rig an I find you have to be will to tolerate some durability compromises in order to get the weight savings. I was a bit pissed when my new gossamer gear pack came back from its first trip with three tears. Some tenacious talented took care of it but just know that if you start shedidn’t you weight, you May give up more than $$$.

Last edited:

ChrisAU

WKR
I used the Seek Outside bottle holster last year, at 1.65 oz.

But I'm intrigued by the Justin's UL holder and the Z-Packs one posted, not sure how I missed the z-packs one last year. Hmmmmm

bbell

WKR
I 2nd Pods8 on here. I had one made for a nalgene and it works just fine for my smartwater bottle

Runwilderness

Lil-Rokslider
Zimmerbuilt also makes narrow bottle holsters. I can’t vouch for them specifucally but I have a tenkara strap pack that has been fantastic.

I love chest mounted bottles while running or day hiking. They’re immediately available to drink while on the move. I’ve got a new SO pack on order and figuring out if I can chest mount a bottle and still run Binos and shoulder a rifle will be high on my list of things to explore.

Depending how you want to carry the bottle, check out aqua clip. I love them for normal backpacking. I can carry it on my sternum strap and drinking is super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pods8 for sure- just got one for my SG and my wife’s MR. we are out in AZ right now putting them thru the ringer and they are fantastic!