Snowshoe Hare in Colorado

Anyone out there hunted snowshoes in Colorado this time of year? I know it's low odds, but I'm in need of an adventure. My partner and I have been after cottontails and Jack's but decided to up the anti and try for snowshoe hare. Even more problematic is we are on the east slope of CO. If anyone might have some experience and/or advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Poser

WKR
I’ve thought about it. I see them from time to time when snowboarding through timber. I see their tracks way more frequently than I actually jump a rabbit, though. I think it would be tough. I’d also carefully consider avalanche terrain and safety if you are going out snowshoeing.

I’ve actually had terrible luck rabbit hunting in general since moving to the Southwest.

Marble

WKR
I've seen one while hunting in CO since 2001. I do see some tracks in the snow and have always wondered what the real population is.

And how tasty they are. I know cottontails are damn good so...

OP
KeeperOfTheWoods
Thanks all, we are going to strike out on snowshoes. Thanks for the avalanche warning, will definitely be cautious. Checking a couple areas with heavy lodgepole pine and spruce cover.