So Co Trophy Outfitters

Kodiakken

FNG
Sorry Kodiak. But you have ZERO credibility on this site. With what I have heard about the outfitter in question, it makes me wonder if you could be a plant. Especially this time of year when most outfitters are hoping to be booked up for the next fall. I challenge you to find anyone who can say anything good about his hunts in Colorado. I haven’t personally seen any. Anyone who might be considering booking with him should read the above review of a coloarado hunt.

We don’t even know that the guy in the picture is you. You could make yourself a little more believable if you post a pic of yourself showing your face and a thumbs up.👍 Then at least we know you are really the guy in the elk photo.

And “pricing may vary” isn’t an answer. He didn’t ask how much his landowner vouchers were. He asked how much you paid. Your last post sounds like an ad.

Also, even though you just found this site, you MUST be active on other hunting websites. In fact, if you are legit, you must have posted about your successful hunt. Please let us know what websites and even a link to your posts elsewhere about this fantastic hunt. Also, we can would like to see your posts about

Kodiakken

FNG
file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/74/04/8AF6D39C-3AD9-434C-9162-98EAE42B42CF/IMG_6911.HEIC. Sorry this me. Other pic was my elk from diff angle

Kodiakken

FNG
All i can say is WOW. I posted a thread on this site. I posted pics of our hunt. I have 2 first about this hunt i have posted about. One is the first time i hunted in NM and a first time i have ever used a guide for elk hunting. Someone responded about the guy in the pis i posted was tougher than he was wearing rubber boots. That guy is my brother. I am the white headed one standing at bottom of mountain with my 6c6. If you look real close to my forehead i scoped my forehead when shot. I had a awkward shot when i had to shoot quick. I have got a lot of laughs about scoping myself. I am legit on this thread. I had a great hunt with SOCO HUNTS. I hunted in NM not Colorado. Cant say anything about that area. Ive hunted one time in NM and one time with SOCO HUNTS. Sorry to hear about other people having unsuccessful hunts. I have rebooked for 2021 with SOCO HUNTS and look forward to it. As far as rates i do not want to quote their rates. I booked when everyone cancelled in covid times. I might have got a lower rate. Not sure. Best of luck to everyone regardless of where you hunt

Sorry but I can’t see any picture in your last post. Was it a pic of you with a thumbs up? I really hope you are legit. And will be happy to apologize if I was wrong in my assumption. Those are some good bulls.

But you should really do some further research on Rick. And be careful in your dealings with him. Good luck.

TheTone

WKR
I posted about the rubber boots; I know from my use of them I definitely wouldn’t want to hike typical elk country in them or pack out an elk. If it’s offensive to you, my bad

As for others posts here is my take from being around hunting message boards for far too long; it’s not uncommon to see someone post a positive review of an an outfitter because they have a personal relationship, vested interest or were asked to by the outfitter to either help drum up business or to counteract negative reviews

Kodiakken

FNG
Sorry but I can’t see any picture in your last post. Was it a pic of you with a thumbs up? I really hope you are legit. And will be happy to apologize if I was wrong in my assumption. Those are some good bulls.

But you should really do some further research on Rick. And be careful in your dealings with him. Good luck.
Thanks and will do. I saw where my pic did not post. I will try again. Its me standing beside my elk. Look closely at my forehead. It hurt like hell when i shot.

Kodiakken

FNG
Thanks and will do. I saw where my pic did not post. I will try again. Its me standing beside my elk. Look closely at my forehead. It hurt like hell when i shot.
I posted about the rubber boots; I know from my use of them I definitely wouldn’t want to hike typical elk country in them or pack out an elk. If it’s offensive to you, my bad

As for others posts here is my take from being around hunting message boards for far too long; it’s not uncommon to see someone post a positive review of an an outfitter because they have a personal relationship, vested interest or were asked to by the outfitter to either help drum up business or to counteract negative reviews
I have never met Ric. But i can understand your point.

Kodiakken

FNG
I will have to post pic later. Fir some reason it wont post. But i will figure out how to get it done. Thanks again

Sounds good. I would still like to see a pic of your face with a thumbs up 👍, but with no elk. That is the only way I can believe for sure you are the guy in the elk picture. 🤪

And a link to another hunting website where you have posted hunting stuff in the past. Would give you some credibility. You still really have none here so far. Just the facts of the internet 😀

Is this the guy we are talking about?

And Rick Sears use to have an outfitters license in Colorado. Be sure and research what happened there.

Wow. A google search is not favorable of this dude.

2F33BBC7-AFB3-4ACB-87B3-3DE3C0E7761E.png

I’d make damn sure any outfit you book isn’t associated with that guy or any of his relatives.

Wow. A google search is not favorable of this dude.

View attachment 263861

I’d make damn sure any outfit you book isn’t associated with that guy or any of his relatives.
When he first lost his license in Colorado, I believe his wife obtained an outfitters license. Don’t know what happened after that.

Kodiakken

FNG

But you should really do some further research on Rick. And be careful in your dealings with him. Good luck
When he first lost his license in Colorado, I believe his wife obtained an outfitters license. Don’t know what happened after that.
Wow. Did not know of any of this. Thank you

I’ve seen a glove aquit, but never a rubber boot convict. I would never wear a rubber boot to work on my construction sites, but there is indeed an Amish guy who wears insulated camo muck boots to work every day........

Has anyone used these guys for a private land elk hunt? I found them on the internet, called and asked what I would assume to be the right questions. They say they operate 100% on private land with over 10,000 acres. Very up front that it is elk hunting with the possibility of going home empty handed. Makes good claims about sleeping arrangements, and what to expect out of Unit 140 in Colorado. High possibility of walking 5-10 miles a day (expected). I am mostly looking to put my father on a good elk before his hunting days are over. My only problem with them is that their website does not have any testimonials as well as just searching the internet for reviews. I am working on asking for references, but figured I'd check here too. Any opinions on the unit, outfitter, anything to help me out on making a decision. As everyone knows guides are not cheap and I would like to invest wisely to help my dad get an elk.

Thanks in advance.
I worked for Rick Sears several seasons ago. He is a liar their and crook. Google Richard K Sears. He uses multiple aliases including his Down’s syndrome son Matt’s name. You will be getting ripped off if you book with him. Honest to god truth

Also looking for feedback on these guys. There isn’t much info out there for somebody that has been In business for a while so I am wondering why.
Richard K Sears is a thief liar and a downright piece of shit scam artist. I guided for him a few seasons ago and had to quit after first rifle because it was so bad. Never got paid. The guy is under federal indictment for a 4.9million dollar fraud. Google his name

Is this the guy we are talking about?

And Rick Sears use to have an outfitters license in Colorado. Be sure and research what happened there.
yes it is the same guy!!!!

I guided for this joke of an outfit for first rifle a couple years back. Literally one of the worst experiences of my life. This “outfitter” doesn’t have a valid outfitters license. Kodiakken looks like one of Rick Sears cronies named JJ who is just as much of a thief as Rick/Matt who by the way are the same guy!!! Matt is Rick’s son who has Down’s syndrome.... fact. Google it. Soco trophy hunts/ outfitters whatever the hell they’ve changed their name too is under investigation by CPW and NM game and fish. I filed reports on them w my clients after we figured out that Rick/ Matt had scammed 23,000$! Out of them!!!! Do not book a hunt with these criminals. You have been warned