So I bought a trad bow!

TaylerW

FNG
My hunting partner has been a trad shooter since the beginning. He grabbed a compound for hunting and that's how we began our journey together. Fast forward a few years and the other two guys in our group got the trad bug. Now here I am, odd man out.

So I know I can just google most info, but I was hoping if anyone had some specific info to help me learn. Specific podcasts/episodes, videos ect.

I plan to just shoot a ton, and get the feel of it then progress to arrow and bow tuning.

Looking at a certain hunt in the southern region of Oregon that doesnt allow wheel bows for this year.

Anyways,

Thanks!
TW

Reactions: GLB
Welcome to the non training wheel division! Trad archery is awesome.

I tell every new trad guy to bite the bullet and buy Solid Archery Mechanics, it will save you years of frustration. The Push Archery Podcast is also great stuff. Kifarucast has some good trad info as well.

ditto what Trumpkin said. the push is a great podcast, and you could start with the "coaching moments" episodes.

the film they have on youtube titled "the push" has a ton of good info too, you'll like it, and you will have some takeaways...

Wrench

WKR
Agreed with the above....and you might as well buy a tripod and something that films slomo.

What are you shooting?

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
The push podcasts are good. And any knowledge from Tom Clum Sr is worth listening to. I had a day class with him and it was amazing.

OP
TaylerW

TaylerW

FNG
Agreed with the above....and you might as well buy a tripod and something that films slomo.

What are you shooting?
I grabbed that widow that was on the classifieds a week or so back. Shooting the 45 lb limbs for a while. Probabky will hunt with the 55lb. Diving into the push podcasts. Hitting the range tomorrow!

LostArra

WKR
I learned a good amount from Clay hayes on YouTube. Solid starting point
Agree. I'm a visual learner. You also might pull up the Lancaster Classic barebow finals to see the kind of accuracy that is possible with traditional gear. Takes place in January and it's a cool format to watch.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Demunds

FNG
Masters of the Barebow DVDs are another good source. You can order and also download them to your phone on Traditional Vision Quest’s website.