Solo Tent Advice

tttoadman

WKR
Funny we all get the similar shelters after a while. The double rainbow and duomid were always on my list. I have had a gatewood cape for over 5 years. It is always with me when weather or an overnight stay is possible. Quick to set up. You can prop up the front and glass out of it while sitting in the rain.

Just goes to show you how word of mouth is the best advertising a company can get.....when it's positive.

SniperHunter

Lil-Rokslider
My recommendation is the Big Agnes Triagle Mountain UL2. Its not the lightest or anything-est on the market, but for being just outside of your price range you'll have one helluva tent if you can find one and don't mind spending a few extra bucks. Just over 2 1/2 pounds, free standing, sleeps two people more comfortably than any other UL2's I've tested, and its double walled.
I've had mine for three seasons now and don't have any complaints. I paid $350 for mine when it was still an REI exclusive (on clearance. MSRP was $500), but have seen them elsewhere recently for under $300.

OP
G
I am leaning towards -

Lunar Solo,
the doublewall amazon Lunar Solo knockoff (Mier/3F UL),
and the MLD Duomid.

Really liking the looks of the Duomid with a nest but concerned about getting too heavy (and expensive) from my original idea of a super UL solo setup.