South Alabama New Year's Buck

FLATHEAD

WKR
There does appear to be some leased land S. of Stapleton on 59.
I see deer through there quite often.

Very nice.

I’ve never hunted over that way but have done quite a bit in Russell, Henry and Barbour counties. A very little bit outside of Troy Al.

I imagine your deer there near I 10 just a little better than the coastal deer I hunt here in NW Fl. Mature buck MIGHT go 140 pounds. Go 45 min north of me even in same county and you might kill a 175 pound buck. Wild ain’t it?

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
Not currently.
Have eyes on one up near Thomasville, but it's 2.5 hrs away and in a sketchy area.
Still considering. Have plenty of time.
Would prefer something closer.
I've got a buddy in one up close to Thomasville this year. They have a 4.5 yr+ buck rule. It is part of a large block of leases with the same rule. He likes it, but doesn't like the drive. Costs him a tank of gas every time he goes hunting. It is about 2 hrs away.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I've got a buddy in one up close to Thomasville this year. They have a 4.5 yr+ buck rule. It is part of a large block of leases with the same rule. He likes it, but doesn't like the drive. Costs him a tank of gas every time he goes hunting. It is about 2 hrs away.
Yep, too far to go and back same day.
I been a couple times up there as an invite for afternoon hunts then driving back home.
If I join gonna have to get some sort of a camper set up.
Not really a "club", just one guy.
But I could lease my own 80 acres.

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
I heard that… yeah If I could find a small amount of property to lease down here I’d definitely go that route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk