South Dakota

Does anyone know when SD deer application opens. Thought it was yesterday but it was unavailable. I may just not know what I’m doing as well. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
it is later due to the elk apps being messed up it will be in a few weeks they said. But all the deer died from ehd last year

CivilTrapShot

FNG
Classified Approved
I emailed them two days ago and asked.

The response I got was 'We are hoping to have applications open by the end of the month.'

Hope that helps.

I called yesterday, they said the apps should be opened in the next couple days. However since it appears to be the same vendor running idahos draws now I am guessing the application will be up sometime mid June, they will extend the deadline, we will get results sometime in mid August and then they will send notifications that they oversubscribed nonresident tags around the 1st of September

OP
H
Thanks everyone, tag applied for. Now we wait.

KurtR

WKR
i have enough points to draw any tag west river and going to apply for a hard to get tag east river. With deer numbers being what they are might not even apply and just go hunt geese. They needed to cut tag numbers across the board but didnt

Gun&BowSD

Lil-Rokslider
Are they still doing the “first two picks” like they have the last couple years. Where if you draw WR or hills or ER you can’t put in for second or third draw or however it was. When I went to submit my west river, I could also draw hills but don’t want to this year, it only allowed one choice and then payment. I am currently on the call back list to ask, last time it took about 4 hours for a call back.