Southern Early Season Clothing

Long Cut

WKR
I’m looking for Deer & Turkey hunting clothing for Georgia during May turkey hunts and September Bowhunting Whitetails.

Temperature range can be 70-100 F with 40-80% humidity.

Normally I’ve used whatever was cheap & lightweight, but I’m curious if Sitka’s Equinox Guard or First Lite/Kuiu had any offerings worth the price tag?

eltx

Lil-Rokslider
Kuiu Tiburon/First Lite Trace are the clothing lines you seek from those brands

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
In GA and always go to the Sitka core lightweight hoodie. I have 3 different colors I like it so much.

OP
Long Cut

Long Cut

WKR
In GA and always go to the Sitka core lightweight hoodie. I have 3 different colors I like it so much.
Have you tried the Equinox stuff yet?

I want to given a past heat stroke has taken a lot of my heat tolerance away. I can’t withstand what I used to anymore.

I’m looking for the lightest gear possible that offers some bug relief. I still use Pemethrin/Thermacell but I’ve found the super lightweight clothing, those mosquitoes still bite you through it.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider

I want to given a past heat stroke has taken a lot of my heat tolerance away. I can’t withstand what I used to anymore.

I’m looking for the lightest gear possible that offers some bug relief. I still use Pemethrin/Thermacell but I’ve found the super lightweight clothing, those mosquitoes still bite you through it.
I have not tried it but I'm tempted.

SMOKYMTN

WKR

I have the core lightweight and the equinox. I like the core lightweight better in the hotter/humid months in the south, it feels more breathable. Just add your permethrin. Overall I love the sitka over the first lite and kuiu pieces because they are true half-zips and you can dump a ton of heat.

I have used the sitka lightwt hoody for the last several years in early southern OK hunts, it has worked well but even spraying permethrin and using a thermacell i come back bitten up every every season.
I recently picked up the equinox guard hoody for this very reason, i hope it works. I have not had a chance to wear it in a hunting situation yet. But wearing it under an ambient during an alaskan fishing trip it worked the same to me as a lightwt hoody, kept me dry and comfortable.

I do not have any kuiu lightweight gear but their gila gear may fit the bill.

Also stone glacier has some light weight synthetic gear that may fit the bill as well.

I have been very impressed with all three brands and the fit, finish and durability of their clothes.

stump06

WKR
I hunt in SE Ga and use tiburon/kutana a lot in the early/turkey season. I've also found that the wrangler outdoor pants are great for early season too. Eddie Bauer guide pros are along those same lines. As for a top, most of the time I am wearing a moisture wicking SS in then putting a leafy jacket on in the tree. Kuiu Gila, peloton and lightweight merino is very good as well

Sitka ascent pants and either the core lightweight or if you want the absolute thinnest piece I’ve ever seen the ascent top.