Spartan Precision Equipment Giveaway *ends on Thanksgiving

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Took my dad on his first antelope hunt. Very likely the last animal he’ll kill. Real hard for him to get around anymore.
On a side note, I lost my second Javelin bipod on this hunt. They are so light I just don’t notice when they fall out of my cargo pocket. View attachment 234715
That's really neat you got your dad out in the field! PM me and I'll see if I can get you a discount on a new bipod if you want

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
4c6b7868512ebc7435ca49d48056a9ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love the colors and use of light in this picture!

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You bet! Going to try my hand at some trapping this winter, though here in CO we have to use live traps, but gonna set some for bobcat.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
That's really cool! In high school and college I trapped for bobcats here in Oregon. We had pretty good luck using a flag type setup.

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
He sure is like a brother. Best friends since 3rd grade. His suppressor paperwork came back 2 days before opening day. I made mine thru the form 1 process. What a difference it makes not having to worry about your hearing.
No kidding! I got my 1st suppressor this year for 22 center fire. Didn't know you're not supposed to use them on rimfire. I've been using it on my 22 sparingly, and only with suppressor specific ammo. Have you heard of this problem before?

TripleJ

WKR
Yes, this is a Cascade buck. Most of the lower elevation ground around here got hit by the fires in September and is locked up.

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Deer hunting! My hunting buddy had an Elk tag that he filled two days earlier. We were working on filling the deer tags when the picture was taken. We spotted more elk and a moose but couldn't come across any deer. It was fun nonetheless!
I remember growing up most of my hunts we didn't see anything. Like you said, it's exciting just to see critters 👍

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ll play. She’s got the archery thing figured out pretty well but the rifle is more of a struggle. Who would have thought a rifle would be harder than a bow. Getting everything situated and stable is the issue. Been looking at the bipod route!

View attachment 234932
That sounds like such a cool hunt! Even more meaningful that you 2 got to do it together. Always feel free to ask me any questions you have about bipods or tripods 👍

No kidding! I got my 1st suppressor this year for 22 center fire. Didn't know you're not supposed to use them on rimfire. I've been using it on my 22 sparingly, and only with suppressor specific ammo. Have you heard of this problem before?
They only thing about not using them on a rimfire is 22LR is notoriously dirty. So a rimfire can is usually able to be taken apart and cleaned out. Some are also made of materials like titanium that you can use harsh cleaners on with it hurting the metal. I use the same can on my AR-15 shooting .223 and 22LR with the conversion kit.

Which suppressor did you go with?

Fitzwho

WKR
How do you hunt in this desert type terrain? Tracking? Spot and stalk?
A vast majority of that unit is covered in sand dunes and lots of oil-field roads. Not many places to get much more than a half mile from a road or pipeline right of way, probably none actually. It's usually a hunt that you cover as much country on roads, then take short walks to look over the larger un-roaded sections you can find. Glass from there and see what you can see. That's how I hunt it anyway. I knew several people with that tag. Other guys had an idea of where the buck they were looking for lived and were setup glassing for that one deer. They had days where they wouldn't see any deer, maybe 1 or two does. My buddy and I saw 20-30 deer per day by covering country. I should have filled my tag on my biggest mule deer the first afternoon, but totally target panicked on a giant at 30 yards.

TheCougar

WKR
Dang that hunt sounds brutal! Where were you hunting? Late season?
Montana rifle, opening weekend. It dumped 2’ of snow and temps dropped overnight, then it slowly warmed back up and everything melted. After hunting elk with a bow for years in September, it was a shock to learn to hunt in the snow and cold. It didn’t turn me back, but I did get some painful lessons.