Spicing up your canned meat

Curious what your recipes are for canning meat and what additions have you added to get away from just plain salted meat in a jar. Plain meat has worked great for me so far but looking to switch things up. Thinking of experimenting by adding jalepeños or other rubs/spices to my bear and deer this year but would like to hear other’s’ opinions first and what has worked, or didn’t work for them.

ozyclint

WKR
I've made chilli con carne with venison and it was great.

Also made venison stew. Cubed venison, potato, onion, carrot, celery, spiced to your taste. Simply thicken with corn flour on reheating. Instant stew.

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve wondered this myself….I’d like to have some Mexican version to have ready to eat for tacos and burritos.

OP
Quicksilver
And to clarify, I’m not looking for recipes to make with canned meat. Just looking for things to add during the actually cooking/canning process.

OP
Quicksilver
I’ve wondered this myself….I’d like to have some Mexican version to have ready to eat for tacos and burritos.
I have a chipotle lime rub I was thinking of using for a few jars to see how it turns out for that same reason!

JMF

Lil-Rokslider
I like to leave mine pretty plain so I have more flexibility with it later on. However, I started adding a beef bullion cube to each pint and it really improved the taste.

rayporter

WKR
our standard recipe is a bullion cube and a dash of canning salt with a quarter tsp of cavendars.
any of the dry rub seasonings from your favorite store [ cabalas, etc]= high mountain seasonings
are good.

we frequently add a couple tbl of the dry rub [like chipotle and bar b que,and droptine ] to get a good flavor. the bullion cube can be left out if you use the dry rubs. try 3 tbl of dry rub if you leave out the bullion cube. the bullion cube can over power the rub some what. cavendars adds a lot and i personally dont like a lot of it but some folks like a lot of it.

liquids like barbeque and soy have been a total flop.

EdP

WKR
And to clarify, I’m not looking for recipes to make with canned meat. Just looking for things to add during the actually cooking/canning process.
I think adding spice during cooking is a much better idea than adding it to the canning jar. Once in the jar your options are limited. No reason to do that.