Springfield Waypoint 2020 .308

Just purchased a New Springfield 2020 Waypoint in .308 caliber. Does anyone have any experience with this rifle in this caliber and if so what are your experiences? Please stick to the topic if you have experience.

OP
minisaw249
V, Thanks for your reply. Most rifles I hunt with, I utilize Match ammo and always shoot spine or neck shots. This is my 1st Carbon fiber barrel and want to sight this rifle in with some kind of bonded round. What types of groups are you getting with your rifle and what type of ammo do you normally utilize?

VA2MT

Lil-Rokslider
I handload for all my rifles so I can’t help with factory ammo. The 308’s shoot 150 partitions at 2870fps into 1/2-3/4 3 shot groups at 100. I shoot 150 ttsx at 2855 in 3/4 3 shot groups. 308 is one of my favorite rounds and the waypoint is the only one that has shot partitions that good. I shoot 46.1gr Varget with Lapua brass and federal lrp at 2.80. It’s not a max load in my gun but work up to that. Also look into the Hawkins magazines, you loose one round but they fit flush.

OP
minisaw249
I am not into hand loading and normally shoot factory 168 / 175 SMK and on occasion 168 AMAX. I use these rounds due to their high BC and my POA/POI preference. I have no doubt they will exceed .75 - .05 MOA but I purchased this rifle for a Dangerous Game hunt (yea I know .308) but shot placement is very thing. Guess I need to put some rounds DR and test out the accuracy of some factory bonded rds. I will probably start off with some Nosler Partitions and see where it leads. Thanks.

V, Thanks for your reply. Most rifles I hunt with, I utilize Match ammo and always shoot spine or neck shots. This is my 1st Carbon fiber barrel and want to sight this rifle in with some kind of bonded round. What types of groups are you getting with your rifle and what type of ammo do you normally utilize?
Hey there, I have the carbon barreled 308 and it shoots the Hornady 168gr ELD match ammo I bought at Sportsmans for 40$ box into one ragged hole