Squat rack?

Colby

Lil-Rokslider
I have a TDS power rack, $280 on amazon.
Does the trick for everything I do.
A little cheaper than some of the others.

BigDog00

WKR
I've got a REP fitness rack and have been happy with it. If I was to buy another one it would be and Elite FTS rack.

Felix40

WKR
I vote build one. It can be as simple as two 4x4s with holes drilled all the way up. Use steel pipe through the holes to hold the bar. Ive been using homemade racks for maybe 5 years with no issue. Save your money for a good bar and a bunch of bumpers. I bet you can build a perfectly good rack for less than $50.

KY Ryan

FNG
I'm happy with my Rogue. I remember pricing a few other companies that seemed cheaper at first but they didn't include safety bars and j hooks. After you added all the extras, there wasn't much of a difference. There is a comparison video of Rogue vs a chinese knockoff on youtube and there seems to be a big difference. The knock off's holes were not cut well, lots of burs and wasn't easily put together. I know a couple guys that welded their own and they both didn't save anything after they bought all the accessories.

+1 for Rogue. I've had my Rogue for 6-7 years, I lift 3-4 times a week year-round and it's still going strong minus a few cosmetic battle scars. I've seen and used quite a few racks in my life... you won't be disappointed with Rogue.

gburk

WKR
Keep an eye on Craigslist or local school district surplus auctions and don’t pay more than $500. No stamped steel. My 2c

JMUPT

FNG
Either Rogue or titian fitness would be excellent choices for a home gym. From what I have seen Rogue products seem to have a better fit and finish than Titan products, but the price is 30-50% higher.

I built what was essentially a copy of an Rogue R3 and I don't think I'd do it again. The cuts and welds where pretty straight forward but by the time I got done drilling around 350 holes for the pins it made it not worth the effort.

I'd second the people above that said buy a yoke or a fringe rack. Anything rogue is gonna come with a premium, but they're running their black friday sales already if you're brand inclined. I'd also ask around local crossfit gyms, as they turn over gear semi-regularly and might be willing to give you a cheap, slightly beat up one (that should work just fine still) for cheaper than something brand new. I guess it depends on your willingness to pay and what's important you you in a squat rack

OP
L

LostArra

WKR
Update: I went with Fringe. Got it on sale. Free and fast shipping (2 days to my door). Good solid rack for my needs. Happy camper..

It was a birthday present to myself (67 years) but I still use the 1968 York Olympic milled weight set my dad bought new for my brothers and I. There weren't many places to lift back then and we were gone a lot, not always lifting but gone a lot and blamed it on lifting so he bought the weights so we would lift at home. HA!

I bought the Fringe Garage Series rack with a chinup bar and spotter arms. If I was young and had over 300 on the bar I probably would have stepped up to their commercial line but would not hesitate to recommend Fringe. Customer service is great, all parts arrived, easy assembly and fit was perfect.

Pretty late notice, but Fringe Sport has an extended Black Friday sale through the end of today. Good deals on squat racks and cages w/ free shipping if anyone is looking for one.