"Standard" Tent vs Tipi (floorless)..pros and cons?

AkRyan

WKR
Down side to floor less is condensation and they rely on stakes 100%. Down side of traditional tents is weight. These are the biggest factors I have found.

Wanted to bump this back up and add a follow-up question.. I ended up getting a cimmaron light and a stove for a late season hunt and it worked really well - but now my next trip won't be late season, so I've been doing more reading and research..

If I add a half nest to my tipi, my total weight is 75oz (4 lb, 11 oz).. which isnt crazy light, but its essentially the same weight as the SG Skyscraper)..

Is there any reason I'd need another tent?

Having the tipi, stove, and half nest I can’t see the need to add another tent to the mix unless you have a specific need for it. Or just want a different shelter option.

For example: we do a few multi day wilderness kayak camping trips and my Big Agnes Copper Spur always goes with me due to lack of availability in camping spots. 6-12 guys trying to camp alongside a River bank just doesn’t afford the space or ability to stake out my Kifaru Tut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk