Still hanging on to old gear-trip down memory lane

Mountainman3

Lil-Rokslider
My daughters needed a tent last night for a New Years party. I pulled out the ol reliable Diamond Brand purchased new in 1990.

I bought this tent when I decided to move to MT from NC in 1990. I knew I’d be camping a lot and wanted a good tent. Funds were really tight back then but I still chose to spend more on a quality tent and was glad I did.

That tent stayed in my truck. Was used everywhere along the journey to MT. NC, TN, KS, WY and then MT. It went every where I went and never let me down. Bike trips in to the Rattlesnake wilderness to catch big cuts. All over glacier park and too many other places to list. It’s way heavy by today’s standards but it’s super easy to set up.

It’s delaminating in a few spots but still works great! It’s 30 years old and I see no need to ever get rid of it. Too many memories to sell for a few bucks and doesn’t take up any space in the attic. I’ve replaced it with an opti 3.5 for the pack but this tent still makes it to the truck for car camping.

I hold on to a lot of items like this. Axes, knives, belts and many other items. The memories they provide continue to provide worth to me and allows me to pass stories along to my family and friends as we continue to use all this “old” stuff.

I’m sure all of you on here have similar items you’ve held on to. Share the memories if you do!

e1b15ebdb39a9f653ba83133cc93b413.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk