Stock replacement for Remington 700 Long Range

csatt90

FNG
Hi Guys-

I'm kicking around the idea of replacing the Bell and Carlson M40 stock on my Remington 700 Long Range 300 RUM. I'd like to move into more of a vertical grip and also shave some weight, if that combination is possible? AG composites look like they have a couple options from searching threads, but I'm hoping for some more suggestions. Thanks!

Rob5589

WKR
I've used a few of the B&C tactical style and they are solid for the price. Kinda goofy and squared off in the forearm, if that bothers you. Can't go wrong with a McMillan, I really liked the one I had. A chassis is another option. I used one of the original XLR's and it was solid as well. Never hunted with that gun, and personally not sure how great it would have been. The newer stuff looks more hunter friendly.

cjcavinaw

FNG
I just ordered an ag composites for mine about a month ago and it is scheduled to deliver in april. Manners would be another good option but from everything i've heard you have about a year wait unless you can find one that they have in stock inletted for your gun. There's the chassis option but I personally am not a big fan of them for hunting. I haven't heard much on them but I know that you can order christensen stocks that are carbon fiber and I think they have a couple vertical grip options as well.

OP
C

csatt90

FNG
Thanks for the input. I came across the Peak 44 Bastion as well that looks pretty interesting. I'll have to give them a call as well and see if one of those are an option.