Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

11Justin22

Lil-Rokslider
Count me in!!! I was looking at getting a bravo in the very near future. I will now wait until this comes to market.

BAKPAKR

WKR
Last year, I found out how valuable a tripod can be as a shooting aid while hunting in open areas with low brush or sage. However, I am usually hunting in timber and hand carrying my rifle, so, most of the time, I don’t really want an Arca rail at the balance points . I do think an embedded two slot M-Lok accessory rail (like the one in the link below) just forward of the front action screw would be nice. If I was hunting in an area where the use of a tripod would be beneficial, I could just throw on the Magpul M-Lok dovetail adapter/ARCA interface. So, while we are making a wish list, please consider having an embedded M-Lok accessory rail as at least an option.

Reactions: NSI

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
You’ll literally own the Tikka aftermarket stock market when you follow through with this.

Also, please offer a left handed version EARLY in this process. Need to look out for our special friends like @mtnwrunner
Yes sir!! I've got a stable of left handers.
Very very nice to see a mfg listening and interacting.
Hey, can you do a riflescope????😉

Randy

I’m stoked to see this new version…. largely due to the adjustable comb as well as the other features. Even with 42mm objective in low rings I like some comb height regardless of shooting position.

Negative drop will mean an adjustable comb and the extra weight associated with it are not necessary

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
A negative comb that starts above the bore line is the way. Very few stocks do this. Add a narrow grip somewhere between the Clymer and Nexus. A more verticle grip like the Neuxs with a thumb angle like a Clymer.... We need the Nexus and Clymer to have a baby.

631b973a8a11c3b2b6c5d19467f82fce.jpg

114b5f60ff718758fc5167f0f041c843.jpg

Last edited:

ElPollo

WKR
I got my VG Hunter this afternoon. The inletting on it is really well done. It came with the Mountain Tactical recoil lug which was just bit tighter fit in the stock than the factory lug. It does not appear to need any bedding. The floorplate inlet was also a tiny bit tighter than factory, but fit well. I got the factory barrel profile. It’s nicely free floated. The forearm is a bit fuller than the factory stock. Mine was 23.2 oz for the black carbon version. I torqued mine down to 60 inch pounds with no obvious deformation. I plan to run the gun through its paces tomorrow.

Grumman

WKR
I’d buy at least one Form stock. How many preorder requests are we up to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I’d buy at least one Form stock. How many preorder requests are we up to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enough that I’ve already got the project approved. We’ll offer rokslide members first dibs on orders before we release them on the site so you guys get them first.

I’m sure a discount will probably be included as well.

Now to decide on the name of the stock..