Stone Glacier 2015 products

Manosteel, videos of the inside of the pack are on our hit list, this will also help to show the function of the Swing Out pockets

Gil_Wy and Trapperjay, give me a couple months and I will have that larger Access for you, 1600 cubic. Thanks for the input.

Kurt

Fantastic. Thanks Kurt!

charvey9

WKR
Very nice Kurt. Love my Sky 7400, but the archer pack is very interesting. The exterior side pouches are a really nice touch.

lee peet

FNG
Very nice Kurt. Love my Sky 7400, but the archer pack is very interesting. The exterior side pouches are a really nice touch.

Exactly what you said charvey! My 7400 rocks and is my go to but those side pouches are a nice touch. Might have to have both packs in my fleet! Kurt you make awesome packs! I never thought anything could replace my tried and true mystery ranch for tough mountain hunting but youve done it!

charvey9

WKR
When I'm just out hiking around, scouting, checking trail cameras or whatever I have started packing a little Crickett .22 single shot rifle for critter and grouse hunting. It only weighs like 2lbs and good shooting little gun out to about 25 yards. However, since it is a youth rifle the stock is too narrow to fit the SG rifle sling and it just slips right through. To get it on the pack I have to wrap the load shelf around the stock and then lash it with the center compression straps. Works just fine, but everytime I need to get in the pack I need to loosen everything up take the rifle off, then secure everything back up when I'm done. The little side pockets on the Archer would be perfect for this. Would also work great for treking or tent poles.

May have to get one of these.

pacific-23

Lil-Rokslider
Kurt, I didn't see specs other than total volume, is there a circumference difference between the 7400 and the 6200? Just wondering if they are the basically the same size bag, with the 7400 being taller.
Thanks
Josh

OP
K

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Pacific-23, The circumference of the Sky Archer 6200 is different from the circ of the Sky 7400. The Sky Archer is approximately 1.5" less in depth. All of the different Sky pack dimensions are unique to the specific size as the height and depth need to be proportional in order to create the correct radius on the top when converted to Bivy/day mode. If you stretch any one dimension to gain cubic inches (height or depth), the fold lines when compressed will not be correct and function of bivy mode is lost. I have found pack building to be very similar to boat building, when you start adjusting one dimension of a pack, it affects several other dimensions. A majority of the time I have found it best to start from the ground up with a new design so all dimensions and panels match.
Best,
Kurt

pacific-23

Lil-Rokslider
Kurt, thank you for the reply. I can understand the boat reference having spent the majority of my life on the water and more than enough time working on boats! I figured they were different, just trying to wrap my head around the packs without holding them in my hands. It would be really cool if the spec page had a simple opening circ and height listed for each pack. They all look great just trying to decide what looks like the best for my wants/needs.
Josh

direwolf

FNG
Hey Kurt

I'm in the market for a new pack. Any chance you might sew one up for me in camo? I just can't get over how light weight your system is! It sold me on wanting to get a SG.

direwolf,
The grey color that SG uses really helps vanish if you're in the high country. It actually blends in well most anything from what I've seen and watched.

OP
K

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Pacific-23, thanks for the input, we will work on getting more measurements on the specs. Until then, the circumference of the Sky 5100 is 42", Sky Archer 6200 is 45", and the 7400 is 48".

Direwolf, at this point we do not offer a camo pattern, but as snowcamoman mentioned, the current grey color does go well with camo and we have had very positive reports of the color in the field. Thanks for your interest and feel free to email me at [email protected] if there is anything else I can help with.

Kurt

TXCO

WKR
I concur the grey does not stand out. It absorbs light very well and wasnt an issue for me.

bjaegers

Lil-Rokslider
Nice feature's- I like the lid/bivy mode design and options.

Only wish would be a Bow Sleeve for the bottom of the pack. Some sort of protective sleeve that can be attached or removed as needed, Ideally would be a cordura sleeve with some minimal padding and a cinch cord on top. Once you get your pack full of meat and gear on the way out you need to sit down. Your bottom cam,Limb, Strings, and Limb pocket get dinged sitting on rocks and stuff that you sit on. Would be a nice accessory.

hunt_or_bust

Lil-Rokslider
Kurt I think the answer to this question may be obvious... I've ordered the new archer pack and looking at pictures I'd like to add a couple of buckles for the hood which are situated a little lower on the bag. I would use these when the bag is compressed down but I still want the quick access of the hood. Will sewing straps on and using silicone around the stitching be sufficient to keep the bag water proof or is there another way you would recommend going about this?

dble07

Lil-Rokslider
Im with bjaegers. I would also like to see a removable pouch to protect the cam when i want to sit down for a couple minutes.
The load shelf works pretty good for that but seems like I either had it loaded with dry bag full of food or meat

....Will sewing straps on and using silicone around the stitching be sufficient to keep the bag water proof or is there another way you would recommend going about this?

I'm not Kurt, but I've modded a SG pack or two. Cordura isn't "waterproof" to start with and none of the existing stitching is sealed in any way. You aren't going to loose anything by sewing a couple straps on.

Yk

hunt_or_bust

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not Kurt, but I've modded a SG pack or two. Cordura isn't "waterproof" to start with and none of the existing stitching is sealed in any way. You aren't going to loose anything by sewing a couple straps on.

Yk
I was under the impression the xpac fabric was somewhat waterproof... maybe more water resistant? These packs still need a rain cover in rain?

Xpac is fully waterproof, but the main part of the bags are made from coated 500d Cordura. Water resistant, but not "proof".

Either a rain cover or water proof stuff sacks are required in any kind of serious wet.