Stone Glacier 5900

So I took my pack apart for the 2nd time to washout before my hunting trip. And for some reason I have alot of straps left over. I detached the bag again and strapped it back in but with the same results. Anybody have a link to a video in youtube? I found one but I feel like I'm missing a few steps. Thanks!
fd209a4d9df65648c25c1588fcfa3eae.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

When you say “ I have a lot of straps left over”, do you mean just extra webbing, or actual straps that you can’t figure out where they attach to? From the photo you provided everything looks correct to my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Sbarrera185
When you say “ I have a lot of straps left over”, do you mean just extra webbing, or actual straps that you can’t figure out where they attach to? From the photo you provided everything looks correct to my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's mainly between the bag and the frame. I'll try and get better pictures when I get home later. And its webbing that I cant find out where it goes

OP
Sbarrera185
There are two long webbing pieces on each side of frame that do not get used unles you use the pack in load shelf mode.
So I found those two aren't being used but then I have these two sets of buckles and the strap where I'm not 100% sure in which buckle it's supposed to connect to buckle 1 or buckle 2?

Thanks for the help
abb99da044fe54282e03965cbfa362e9.jpg
a5cacf203380fe9322e238fae9ef77dc.jpg

jmez

WKR
The buckles in the first photo under your finger are for the load lifter straps when using the meat shelf and the bag won't hang on the frame. The long straps you found that are not currently in use you connect to the load lifter straps on the bag with a loaded meat shelf. You then connect the load lifter straps from the shoulder strap to the buckle under your finger on the frame.

In the second picture, the strap you have connected to the top buckle goes to the buckle below that is unattached. There should be two straps attached Midway on the back of the bag running up through loops between bag and frame. These two straps are what attach to the top buckles.

Make sense?

If not watch the Stone Glacier bivy mode video and that will explain your second picture.

The meat shelf video should explain the first one.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Last edited: