Stone Glacier changes?

Has anyone noticed any changes in SG quality or customer service since the Vista takeover? Positive or negative?

Going to upgrade from my Pintler and have been looking at a Sky Archer, Or Kifaru Hoodlum or Exo K4.

Just curious as I like to support companies. That are made in America and subscribe to the same beliefs as myself ;in general
Thanks!!

OP
I
Perfect. Thanks fellas. I’m leaning hard towards SG but that Kifaru has its hooks in as well

as.ks.ak

WKR
Perfect. Thanks fellas. I’m leaning hard towards SG but that Kifaru has its hooks in as well

The disgusting downward spiral Kifaru is on, has me to the point Ive unfollowed all their social media and unsubscribed. The company isn’t what it once was.

I could go on and on. But if I had to do it over I’d just have gone full SG. I appreciate what those guys are doing and stand for way more closely than whatever is going on inside Kifaru’s walls these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jenkinsd

FNG
I've purchase two products lately. No problems with customer service. Both orders came quickly considering the weather here in the west. Quality seems to be okay. As for as made in USA good luck, I believe it's called slave labor.

nobody

WKR
Picked up a sky 5900 bag right after the expo, to replace my Evo 40/56. They gave me a discount because I didn’t want the lid (already have one), and when I told them I was worried about the package arriving while I was on a cruise, Ryan (guy I was talking to on the phone) told me if I paid the minimum shipping fee, he would make sure it came fast. That was on Tuesday at about 1 PM, I was leaving Friday. At 10 AM the next day, I got a notification that a package from stone glacier was delivered by UPS. Less than 24 hours and it came from Bozeman to central Utah and I had it in hand. They’ve always taken care of me, and are always willing to take care of their customers. I’ll not worry until Vista fires Kurt Racicot (founder and lead designer), but idk why they would do something dumb like that. I’m a lifetime customer, I’ll even admit to being a fanboy.

schmalzy

WKR
Add me to the list of satisfied SG customers both before and after vista. Never had to wait for a pack. Cool guys, and I prefer the bag layouts, weights and CS more than Kifaru.

Exo guys are a strong honorable mention. Super cool and easy to return. I’ll definitely buy a k4 at some point, but SG just fits my hunting/hiking style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD Jones

WKR
I’d say the surge in money has only improved an already awesome company. I’ve been and will continue to be a customer as long as they are true to what got them where they are in the first place. Im looking at the new terminus for an additional pack this year

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
Ive always had great experiences with SG. Call or email and I always get a quick response and they even hooked me up with some custom shortened straps for my pack which helps as a short guy. Good gear and good service and they will keep getting my business.

The only downside with the sale and new location is they don’t give out free beer anymore. The old shop had a kegerator. Bring in a euro skull and they would take a picture of you with it and give you free beer. That was customer service.
Ill keep buying their packs as they are hometown made and work for all my needs.

valtteri

FNG
I've been very satisfied with my Stone Glacier. They even made me a custom hip belt with my own dimensions. Always have replied super quick. Oh, and the Xcurve feels like it was made for me, that's how well it fits me.

I can't remember the last time a company would have treated me as well as SG.

The only downside with the sale and new location is they don’t give out free beer anymore. The old shop had a kegerator. Bring in a euro skull and they would take a picture of you with it and give you free beer. That was customer service.
Ill keep buying their packs as they are hometown made and work for all my needs.
They still do that, or were this past November. Instead of their own tumbler and keg it was local cans if I remember right.