Stone Glacier Sky packs 2014

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
For 2014 Stone Glacier has added two packs, the Sky 5100 and Sky 7400. Over the course of the last two weeks we have been in the process of updates including an overview video of design and function. Packs are scheduled to be available the last week of January and are currently available for pre-order. For those that are interested, below you will find the overview video for the Sky packs as well as a few specs. More detailed specs, products, and photos have been updated and are available on our website.
Thanks to Aron for inviting me to post a thread specifically on the new packs, I have enjoyed being a part of the Rokslide community and Stone Glacier is pleased to be a sponsor.
Kurt

[video=youtube;B9qfjHAeR0o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9qfjHAeR0o&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Sky 5100
~5100 cubic including 500 cubic lid, additional 2500+ cubic load shelf
~3500 cubic Bivy/Day mode
~Weight = 4.16 lbs (with Krux frame and load shelf), 3.86 in Bivy/day mode
~$599 complete with frame and shelf

Sky 7400
~7400 cubic including 500 cubic lid, additional 2500+ cubic load shelf
~4500 cubic Bivy/Day mode
~Weight = 4.27 lbs (with Krux frame and load shelf), 4.18 in Bivy/day mode
~$619 complete with frame and shelf

really like the pockets inside the center zip and the way the lid/bag work. for a guy that packs like me, these would be a huge improvement over last years bag options

Thanks Kurt, very well done video.

The center zip with pockets is very nice step up from the home grown side zip I put on my pack, and the folding top shows some original thinking. Looking forward to trying one out.

Yk

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Yes, very well done.

I remember seeing that Dall on the cover of Grand Slam years ago. That IS a twister!

What's the story on the Bighorn. Is that a MT Unlimited ram?

OP
K

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
SteveO- Yes, that is an unlimited ram from a few years ago...only have to wait until 2018 now.

Manosteel - Yes, the packs will be at SCI in Vegas and Wild Sheep in Reno with Schnee's. Due to my schedule, I will only be able to personally attend Wild Sheep, but Schnee's has a couple of very knowledgeable guys that can help with any questions in Vegas.

Thanks to all for the positive feedback, much appreciated.
Kurt

Nice video and awesome new design I defiantly want to get my hands on the 5100. I live in Reno and will be heading to the Sheep Show to check one out. I'll be sure to introduce myself if your around.

OP
K

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
ttoadman - The Solo does not have the front and rear connection points for the lid as the Sky packs do, so it would take a couple of sewing modifications to make a lid work on a Solo.

Battleborn - Look forward to it.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Kurt, looks really good. Not sure which size i will get, both kind of intrigue me.

For those of you who have the old belt-i have one of the new ones and will be putting some miles on it soon. Just in trying it on there was a comfort difference for the better.

60x

WKR
Kurt guiding sheep hunters in alaska I gotta say I've see quite a few pack come down the line. I was excited about your pack when I first seen last year and some of the features but to be honest the one thing that kept me from taking the plunge was the smaller sizes(cubic nice that is). Need less to say the new sky looks to fit my style of hunting. Very well thought out design to say the least. You have a great product sir...
Dave

kipper09

WKR
kurt,
great looking pack.. I have one question though.. is every pack in the video the 5100? if you could sometime show the 5100 side by side with the 7400.. I agree with
60x, you have a great product my friend.

Cross

Lil-Rokslider
Kurt,
Awesome, exactly what I wanted to see. I do a agree with Kipper09 a side by side of the two sky series would be nice. I think all around though the 5100 would be a great size for me.

OP
K

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Kipper09 and Cross- Yes, that is a 5100 in the video. Below you will find a photo of the two side by side. The 7400 is 4" taller, 1" wider, and 4" deeper than the 5100.
Thanks for the kind comments on the bags.
Kurt
View attachment 12998

OP
K

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Sorry, lets try that again...

Sky side by side.jpg