Stone Glacier

Appreciate all your input I will stay away from the Avail Will more than likely go X-curve & the Solo Evo 40/56 or Col 4800
I have the Krux frame with a 3300 bag, it does really well for 1-3 day hunts. It carries weight extremely well. The ability to pull the bag back and strap on sheds is easy.

OP
O
I have the Krux frame with a 3300 bag, it does really well for 1-3 day hunts. It carries weight extremely well. The ability to pull the bag back and strap on sheds is easy
Thanks I am going to call SG & talk with their staff & get more info on the frames & bags. The Sportsman Whse here carry some of the SG but they have only had the x-curve frame & a couple of bags. I have a friend who has a brother in-law that works at SG might also get a better deal thru him !!

MTguy0341

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had the krux frame 10 years now. Been a fantastic frame. Have three bags, can’t remember the name of the small one with the spotting scope pocket, the solo and 7400. Solo is great, for day trips and a night or two for me

schmalzy

WKR
Terminus 7k is going to be best bet for staying close to 4 pounds and be able to haul meat. Compresses down to nothing for daypack mode. Some swing out pockets and a few dry bags keeps it light and organized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ktm450

Lil-Rokslider
I also changed from Kuiu to SG. I have an Avail and Solo 3600. The Avail is an awesome day pack and I once improvised a 90# pack out (lots of paraccord). The Solo is so much more comfortable than the others I tried for a real pack. I have now used it for a few different pack outs (elk/deer) and generally carry 30-50# all the time. I will most likely move to a 4000 series for next year for a bit more room/tripod fixtures.

OP
O
I’ve had the krux frame 10 years now. Been a fantastic frame. Have three bags, can’t remember the name of the small one with the spotting scope pocket, the solo and 7400. Solo is great, for day trips and a night or two for me
Thanks

OP
O
Terminus 7k is going to be best bet for staying close to 4 pounds and be able to haul meat. Compresses down to nothing for daypack mode. Some swing out pockets and a few dry bags keeps it light and organized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks I did not look at that setup i will check it out !!

OP
O
I also changed from Kuiu to SG. I have an Avail and Solo 3600. The Avail is an awesome day pack and I once improvised a 90# pack out (lots of paraccord). The Solo is so much more comfortable than the others I tried for a real pack. I have now used it for a few different pack outs (elk/deer) and generally carry 30-50# all the time. I will most likely move to a 4000 series for next year for a bit more room/tripod fixtures.
Hey thanks for the input, I bought a Granite Gear pack earlier this year for scouting & horn hunting. I had around 60 to 75# of horns a couple of times on it, they claim 40# max but it handled the Xtra weight No problem. It weighs in right at 3# has fully adjustable hip belt & shoulder straps !! Which is an Amazing setup I am really surprised that some of the big name pack makers have not gone to this system.

Jdub

FNG
I’ve got nothing but love for my xcurve and solo 3600. Mine fits well and is rock solid while loaded. The ONLY detractor for me is that I’m not super tall and the 26” is a bit tall for most of the hunting I do. That said, it’s nice when loaded to lift the load up a little higher.

I grabbed a Krux frame and a 40/56 bag. Did not need the extra room the 40/56 had so picked up a Serac 1700 bag

Soon as I put meat on it, I knew I bought the wrong one. Rocking an Xcurve now and am very happy with it. . It's about as good as it gets for day hunts IMO

Last edited:

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
I have the x-curve frame and solo bag and am extremely happy after two seasons of backcountry hunting in Alaska. I've packed up to 120 lbs (total pack weight) for 6 miles of muddy, steep downhill and the pack was very comfortable and stable. The x-curve fits my lower back nicely and matches the contours of my rather large glutes. You could say that the X-curve matches my curves.
I've added a top lid and access pack for some more capacity for backpacking trips. The Solo bag seems larger than it's claimed 3600 inches to me, but sinches nicely down to almost flat for light hiking days. The simple construction and functional straps were one of the selling points for me. I don't like a pack with all sorts of dangly bits and pockets.

OP
O
I’ve got nothing but love for my xcurve and solo 3600. Mine fits well and is rock solid while loaded. The ONLY detractor for me is that I’m not super tall and the 26” is a bit tall for most of the hunting I do. That said, it’s nice when loaded to lift the load up a little higher.
Thanks I have been looking at the size charts I am 6'2" so was leaning towards the taller frame

OP
O
I grabbed a Krux frame and a 40/56 bag. Did not need the extra room the 40/56 had so picked up a Serac 1700 bag

Soon as I put meat on it, I knew I bought the wrong one. Rocking an Xcurve now and am very happy with it. . It's about as good as it gets for day hunts IMO What was your dislike with the Krux ? From what I have seen they are pretty much the same frame same material just a straight vs curved

OP
O
I have the x-curve frame and solo bag and am extremely happy after two seasons of backcountry hunting in Alaska. I've packed up to 120 lbs (total pack weight) for 6 miles of muddy, steep downhill and the pack was very comfortable and stable. The x-curve fits my lower back nicely and matches the contours of my rather large glutes. You could say that the X-curve matches my curves.
I've added a top lid and access pack for some more capacity for backpacking trips. The Solo bag seems larger than it's claimed 3600 inches to me, but sinches nicely down to almost flat for light hiking days. The simple construction and functional straps were one of the selling points for me. I don't like a pack with all sorts of dangly bits and pockets.
Sounds like a lot of nods for the solo !! That is one of my biggest complaints with my KUIU 5200 way too damn many straps that basically do Nothing but add a little weight & corn fusion !!

What was your dislike with the Krux ? From what I have seen they are pretty much the same frame same material just a straight vs curved

I was pretty happy with it until I put a quartered up buck on it. Then it was pretty uncomfortable, no matter how I adjusted it. I picked up that Xcurve used off a forum just to see. Had no complaints packing out last years buck with it.

OP
O
I was pretty happy with it until I put a quartered up buck on it. Then it was pretty uncomfortable, no matter how I adjusted it. I picked up that Xcurve used off a forum just to see. Had no complaints packing out last years buck with it.
OK thanks for the info !! I am going to see if one of the Sportsman Whse stores here in Idaho carries or can order the X- frame

Benetel

FNG
I have the SG Sky Archer 6400 with the Xcurve frame. Used for 3 seasons so far and it's help up really well. Packed 2 elk out this year and it handled the weight very well.

Other brands like Kifaru seem to have bulkier hip straps, which I find myself wishing for on longer days during archery season (I get some chafe on the hip). Honestly, probably going to be a problem with almost any pack if you're wearing it all day.