Stove Options

OP
CiK01

CiK01

WKR
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Lite Outdoors XL. The 8-man is for family use and an occasional hunting excursion. My wife and kid's comfort comes before backpack light-weighting. I don't want them to worry too much about a fire burning out all the time.

I am hoping when it gets here I can use the 18" body as a template for creating a 12" to use in the 2-man.

Shrek

WKR
12" is a PIA to feed. Unless your 2 man is really cramped roll with the 18". Breaking decent sized wood down for a 12" is hard without a saw. Adding a saw negates any weight savings.

OP
CiK01

CiK01

WKR
12" is a PIA to feed. Unless your 2 man is really cramped roll with the 18". Breaking decent sized wood down for a 12" is hard without a saw. Adding a saw negates any weight savings.

Will do. That makes sense. Thanks!

oldgoat

WKR
I have med Kifaru box stove and an 18"cylinder from Kifaru, cylinder has longer burn time but not a lot longer. I really like the looks of the liteoutdoors, but he doesn't offer a spark arrestor yet, I talked to him on Facebook and he said it was in the works! There are work arounds for the spark arrestor though!

Brado16

WKR
First burn in my XL Seek Outside Stove last night. Great first impression and looking forward to using it in the wild in a week.
afec24dade64d91f0a8c0303f01cd89e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJ321

FNG
Digging the looks of the new and improved Lite Outdoors.

There pricing has gone up a little, what you get for the price is outstanding
Kifaru is offering some more economical stoves similar to Lite Outdoors

I also used a stove for the first time this season. Although I used a smaller stove "lite outdoor titanium cylinder" it was amazing! I still need to play with it to get the burn time down but I was so glad I brought it along! Felt great going to sleep and waking up in a warm tent.
7dde7b4312423604e70e25891c801700.jpg
467977d0628a725ec63a22d488fd1f42.jpg
4cfb046555baaadc5de1faca535eaafd.jpg
72b7bea7aae32af2e1009e681b8cc02b.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hi G5Archer. What is the pipe fitment like in the stove jack? Slop, no slop? Seek outsides stove advertises the pipes are 3.125" and lite outdoors advertises theirs at 2.5". Also what length of pipe are you running? Any problems with wind(too long) or burnholes(too short)? Thanx for any info!

G5Archer

Lil-Rokslider
Hi G5Archer. What is the pipe fitment like in the stove jack? Slop, no slop? Seek outsides stove advertises the pipes are 3.125" and lite outdoors advertises theirs at 2.5". Also what length of pipe are you running? Any problems with wind(too long) or burnholes(too short)? Thanx for any info!
No slop whatsoever. I'm running a 6' pipe and haven't had any problems in high wind and haven't had any burn holes.... Yet.. Cross my fingers.. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hall256

WKR
For those that are running the Lite Outdoors, did you get it with the baffle, and if so does it really help out that much?

No slop whatsoever. I'm running a 6' pipe and haven't had any problems in high wind and haven't had any burn holes.... Yet.. Cross my fingers.. Lol

Thank you G5Archer! I am looking to get the same setup, I am really liking what I see and read about it.

For those that are running the Lite Outdoors, did you get it with the baffle, and if so does it really help out that much?

Good question!👍 I am also wondering the same thing. Although I'm sure it largely depends on what you are feedin the damn thing. Hardwood, softwood, pitchy, wet, dry???

rbljack

WKR
Quote Originally Posted by Hall256 View Post

Good question!�� I am also wondering the same thing. Although I'm sure it largely depends on what you are feedin the damn thing. Hardwood, softwood, pitchy, wet, dry???

im also wondering this as well. been looking at stove options for a smaller shelter (supertarp). Currently considering the TIGoat Wifi with a flat top, or the Lite outdoors TI 18"cylinder stove. That baffle looks interesting, if it will help with burn times and efficiency a bit.

G5Archer

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you G5Archer! I am looking to get the same setup, I am really liking what I see and read about it.
I think you'll be very happy with it! As far as the baffle didn't get one. It was released after I received the my stove.