Stoveless Meal Comparison: Tear It Up!

Natevon04

FNG
Just got back from a 5 day backcountry horn hunt and my buddy brought O-meals which are basically a new take on MRE’s. I was pretty skeptical at first but those things will get so hot they will burn your mouth. Portions were a little small but for a one or two night trip they could be the ticket. They weigh about 8 oz each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jaden Bales
Just got back from a 5 day backcountry horn hunt and my buddy brought O-meals which are basically a new take on MRE’s. I was pretty skeptical at first but those things will get so hot they will burn your mouth. Portions were a little small but for a one or two night trip they could be the ticket. They weigh about 8 oz each.

I still have to try them! I've saved em up from an old Backcountry Fuel Box but will give em a shot here this spring I hope!

You boys find any bone?

Natevon04

FNG
Tried a new spot this year and had a tough time finding the bulls. Picked up 15 horns but they were anything but fresh. It was a strange winter here in northern Idaho so the elk don’t seem to be in the same “zones” that we typically see them in. Great trip though always great to get out after a long winter!

OP
Jaden Bales
Tried a new spot this year and had a tough time finding the bulls. Picked up 15 horns but they were anything but fresh. It was a strange winter here in northern Idaho so the elk don’t seem to be in the same “zones” that we typically see them in. Great trip though always great to get out after a long winter!

I hear that! I had an 8 shed day 2 weeks ago...all old as dirt chalk. Glad to hear you got out for a couple days though! Always good.

I was just talking to Kyle Kamp, the Valley 2 Peak nutritionists dude about this last night. You defintiely have to filter through the nutrition of what you're doing and what your body needs specifically while packing for these trips.

Like I've come to find I need to carb load HARD before and while hiking hills, backpacking, or backcountry skiing. I just crashed on Monday like only a mile into a hike because I only had fruit, shredded pork, and a salad throughout the day before hiking at like 4:30.
Thanks for the shout out @Jaden Bales ! Great tips and thoughts here! Sorry to be late to the party in response!