Strelok

WMag338

WKR
Had anybody noticed that Strelok is no longer in the App Store for purchases or updates?

Been a happy user for several years now.

Read on another forum it has something to do with security issues in Ukraine.

Is there another ballistics app as good as Strelok?

I hope this isn’t the end of Strelok for good!

Hornady 4DOF is a pretty good balistics solver. It's fantastic if you're shooting a bullet that has a drag curve saved in their library.

Tullis94

WKR
I use and really like strelok, it lines up really well with my Kestrel ballistics solver. I'm glad I have it downloaded and hopefully it comes back to the app store.

I have a question. Has anyone ever compared several different apps or solvers at the same time. This year, when preparing to go to Mexico, I used a few different calculators to make a chart for the elevation I would be hunting. They didn't all line up. Has anyone else experienced this?

OP
WMag338

WMag338

WKR
I use and really like strelok, it lines up really well with my Kestrel ballistics solver. I'm glad I have it downloaded and hopefully it comes back to the app store.

I have a question. Has anyone ever compared several different apps or solvers at the same time. This year, when preparing to go to Mexico, I used a few different calculators to make a chart for the elevation I would be hunting. They didn't all line up. Has anyone else experienced this?
I have compared my Strelok to the kestrel solver and some other online solvers. In my experience, they have all been fairly close to within a 1/4 to 1/2 MOA. I like the Strelok because i can link my weather info from the kestrel to it and also have different velocities for different temperatures to really dial it in.

Will check out 4DOF and Shooter.

Tremain4414

WKR
Classified Approved
I use Applied Ballistics, most user friendly that I’ve found and lines up pretty well with most of my rifles/loads

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
I actually just started using it this last year, super simple for a newb like myself. I really like how it shows you the exact reticle. Hopefully they get it back. Likely someone will buy it and ruin it by making "improvements". Still works for the time being but guess I'll check out Applied Ballistics just in case.

OP
WMag338

WMag338

WKR
Wonder if Strelok will stay active on all devices that have already downloaded it? Can’t see how it could self-destruct?

OP
WMag338

WMag338

WKR
I actually just started using it this last year, super simple for a newb like myself. I really like how it shows you the exact reticle. Hopefully they get it back. Likely someone will buy it and ruin it by making "improvements". Still works for the time being but guess I'll check out Applied Ballistics just in case.
Same here. Keep my fingers crossed.

They have in the past been able to disable things with an update that essentially breaks things , but within Android you can see what apps are trying to update and not accept it. I hope this is all that it takes to keep it going.
If they were to actually break a paid for version , I think that is grounds for an issue , taking away a privately owned item .

OP
WMag338

WMag338

WKR
They have in the past been able to disable things with an update that essentially breaks things , but within Android you can see what apps are trying to update and not accept it. I hope this is all that it takes to keep it going.
If they were to actually break a paid for version , I think that is grounds for an issue , taking away a privately owned item .
I agree. Better make sure and not update it then.

Tremain4414

WKR
Classified Approved
I don’t know if it’s the same or not, I don’t have a Kestrel so I’m not sure how that program works