Struggling to find my archery path...

North Idaho Stickbow

If there was a trad bow season to get better odds at good tags, I'd be interested. But I don't see that ever happening.
Yeah, that would be really cool, but it would be taking away opportunity for others around here. The season is already pretty long. It won’t happen.

I have communicated with one state game commissioner here, and the idea of opening any elk/either sex for traditional tackle has been kicked around. That would be exciting.

hodgeman

I kind of landed the same place you did several years ago. Trad is aesthetically appealing, but ultimately too limiting for a guy that just wants to hunt more and get some better tags. I compare it to fly fishing, I much prefer to fly fish...unless the goal is to catch a bunch of fish.

Hoot

I sort-of had the same dilemma a few years ago, I was so frustrated with local pro-shops and the “tuning” they did when working on my bows.

I initially had the same thought as you, the “simplicity” of the traditional bow was appealing.

I decided to go the other way and just buy all the equipment to work on compounds myself.

there’s more moving parts on a compound bow, but I think dialing in and shooting accurately, a compound is far simpler than a traditional bow.

I have a 35# recurve that I shoot rabbits in the yard with, but I really don’t have a desire to hunt big game with a stick, to each their own!