Stuff Sack or something else

My sleeping bag (Kuiu Zero degree) in the stuff sack it came with is a shape that is a little bulky/undesirable for organizing my pack and takes up too much room IMO. I've always carried it this way, but have gone down to a slightly smaller pack than I'm used to and trying to save room.

Anyone out there not use their stuff sack, and if so, what do you do?

Immediate need is an early season hunt, so I've considered getting a 20 degree of some other flavor that is more packable, but trying to save money where I can and use what I have if possible

Geewhiz

WKR
Ive heard of guys cramming their bags into their packs without any kind of a stuff sack at all.

Also you can get various sized stuff sacks from places like REI if you would just prefer a different size.

Drenalin

WKR
I do what Steve from Exo talks about…stuff the crap out of it the very bottom of the pack and mind the zipper.

wyogoat

WKR
Definitely a compression sack…you’ll get that bag to whatever size you want and compressing it all the way will give you some room at the bottom of your pack. I do multi day trips with an 800 fill zero degree bag similar to yours out of a Kuiu 3600 and that extra space the compression sack gives helps a lot.

Trueglide

FNG
I am using a hyper light mountain DCF pod. The one that has a side opening with the roll top (no zippers to snag your bag) . Packs down awesome and is waterproof to boot

Lando

WKR
I line my pack with a contractor plastic bag and jam my sleeping bag in the bottom of it, then put everything else on top. bag keeps it dry and protects it from blood or any wet items in the pack.

geoff995

WKR
I flatten my quilt out in a sea to summit pump sack and stick it between the bag and frame. Works like a champ and frees up a ton of main bag space.69448605119__20A6A523-ABEC-4886-ACD3-E47DDAE98D00.jpeg

ELKOHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I stuff mine into the bottom. Then pad on top of it. Gear layered on top of the pad. Makes the heavier items ride higher in the pack.

Fire power

Lil-Rokslider
Stuff sack and like it, what’s the point being all posting while camping/outdoors

I did the cram thing. Didn’t love it.

I am a fan of Kifaru compression sack. It compresses along the long access so you wide up with a cigar instead of a volleyball. Medium works well for my 20* bags.