Sub $800 Binos?

rmarshall

WKR
My boy is going to school fulltime, working fulltime and making knives in his spare time, he wants a set of good binos.. He want's at least a 10x.
I told him to save a bit more and get the 1k range but that sounds difficult for him at the moment. What do you all think he should look at? Tract? Hawke, Kowa, Leupold etc..
thanks in advance.

Take a look the link below, with a shot of tequila (lime and/or salt is optional).

Use the price levels are general markers as you can find some of the binoculars for less than what they talk about (ex: Razor HD <not UHD> can be found for under $800 with minimal effort).

nobody

WKR
Maven C.3 10x50 is $450 and optically does very well compared to most every optic sub $1k. If it was me, I would buy them and put the remaining cash towards tags and other gear.

jimh406

WKR
Tract Toric UHD. Keep in mind that there are no stocking dealers. You can order online and return if you don't like them.

TN2shot07

WKR
You might hit up Doug at Cameraland, they get some pretty good prices on demos if you can be patient!

I started with the c series mavens and upgraded to the b’s last season. There’s definitely an improvement but nothing wrong with getting something “decent” and upgrading later. Just stay away from the really cheap stuff if you’re using the binos a lot.

Hows the Eye Relief? I here that's the biggest gripe..
Fantastic.
Like looking through a picture window.
That being said, I always screw the eyecups in and have the ocular pressed against my eyebrows.
Not sure that is what others do, but it has always worked for me.

I picked up a set of Leupold BX-4 Pro Guides in 10x42 and like them so far. They are crisp with good eye relief for me. I think I got them right around 500.

demo $699

This is going to be your best deal going.

BX4's would be a great option too and are a little less but the Conquest HD's do have a better FOV and some other benefits. The allbinos ranking and review has very good data on them.

Euro Optic also had 10x42 BX4's on sale for $499.99 which saves $200 over the Zeiss. You really can't make a wrong choice with either, just a matter of how important is $200 to you in your pocket or in a bino upgrade.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks

OP
R

rmarshall

WKR
It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks
Doug, thanks we talked about this a bit, I've also talked to Neil, I did sent you an email when you get back from your Vaca or break. Thanks
randy

OP
R

rmarshall

WKR
Thanks everyone for the reply's, there are some great options for sure and I appreciate your input. I'll have to get him to get a few more custom knives sold to fund his bino purchase.