Suppressor. Silco Harvester 300 vs Dakota Banish (varminter 4.0)

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Going to be jumping in and getting my first suppressor soon. In my waiting I've probably decided I'm going with the Harvester about 8 times after waffling to something else for a bit. Right now I'm flipping between the Banish after seeing them at their booth at an expo (if I would have known a little more I would have taken advantage of the expo paperwork and been waiting already) but as is I'm deciding if the EZ pay is worth the convenience of Silencershop kiosks. And whether the Banish is worth it over the harvester.

Will be on a dedicated bolt gun, eventually a barrett fieldcraft in 6.5, for now a rem 700 sps in 308. Going for light weight maneuverability.

They are same length (the Banish can be shortened to 7" so +1). The Harvester is 2/3 the price +1. The Harvester is lighter but potentially longer. The Banish is self serviceable (this is a big point I'm not sure about, seeing that cleaning on a center fire is not necessary or dirty cans shooting better, but also seeing some guys cleaning ounces out of their can, or comments in passing of running a sealed can till its no good, do sealed cans wear out?). The Harvester is alum vs Banish Ti. And the Harvester has the built in break (real world does that help?)

Anyone tried the two? Haven't heard a bad thing about either but would like a can that going to last (if I can't really clean the harvester and need to thats not really appealing but I really don't know if thats a factor). I know someone will mention the TB Ultra 7 that's just a little more then the Banish but I'm only considering the Banish because of Dakota's EZ-pay. I don't really want to deal with the hassle of fingerprinting, photos etc so the Silencershop kiosks are a plus for the harvester as well.

Oldffemt

WKR
No experience with either of your choices but I have heard SiCo’s customer service is great. As long as you only shoot jacketed bullet from a center fire through it, I don’t think weight gain is much of an issue on a sealed can. My griffin hasn’t gained any measurable amount after a couple thousand rounds. I think rimfire is where you can expect to see some serious build up if you don’t maintain them.
FYI, I’m pretty sure you’ll be submitting prints and pics regardless of where you fill out your forms. I could be wrong on that, haven’t bought one in a couple years.
Good luck

Jacack

WKR
I have the older varmint 3.0, great can and Dakota are great t work with. I have two buddies that also shoot the same can and love it.

I have run mine on a 6.5 saum and a 300 whisper and probably have 600 rnds of 6.5 and way more in the whisper .

I have cleaned it a few times and it’s always a lot of crap in it.
That said I have another can that doesn’t come apart that I have had for more than 12 years and it’s still works, maybe not as good as new but it still does the job but it’s a steel heavy can so I hardly use it anymore

Jared

OP
F

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
No experience with either of your choices but I have heard SiCo’s customer service is great. As long as you only shoot jacketed bullet from a center fire through it, I don’t think weight gain is much of an issue on a sealed can. My griffin hasn’t gained any measurable amount after a couple thousand rounds. I think rimfire is where you can expect to see some serious build up if you don’t maintain them.
FYI, I’m pretty sure you’ll be submitting prints and pics regardless of where you fill out your forms. I could be wrong on that, haven’t bought one in a couple years.
Good luck

yea prints and photos are regardless its just at silencer shop kiosk its a one stop electronic thing. Otherwise I gotta do a trip to the sheriffs station, and walgreens then mail it in.

Charon

Lil-Rokslider
Ive heard nothing but good about these from people the Dakota Banish
I have the 2.0 in both .223 and .30

The 2.0 is a sealed unit.

The 3.0 was user serviceable.

Now the 4.0 is able to be shorted.

Nice working with the team at Dakota Silencer. And they will set you up with a Trust for free.

mmac

WKR
I have a Harvester and use it on a 300 win and a 7MM Rem and I have nothing but great to say about it. They are incredibly flexible on mounting to various threads, quick attach or threaded and point of impact is barely off on both. Sound and Recoil are both significantly reduced. It gets hot quick though, lightweight= gets hot fast.

Highly recommend it.

N8iV Warrior

Lil-Rokslider
Hello guys I’m right now in the waiting line going on about 5 months for the Dakota silencer Titanium 4.0 and I ordered it in 30 Caliber so I can swap it to my other rifles if I want to. I used the kiosk set up and it was really easy. The guys told me it was a lot faster to send it in digitally over snail mail. I paid all the fees and everything online in 20 minutes and they took care of the rest and being insured nothing was getting lost paperwork wise. I wish my suppressor would hurry and get here.

TMK

FNG
Have you received your can yet? If so how about a review on the whole process?

cgasner1

WKR
Don’t shoot hand loads in a silenceco product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgasner1

WKR
It void the warranty I just had a brand new can blow up in under 20 shots they told me I was lucky they even replaced it I got stuck with paying a stamp tax 2x for the same can and 2x the wait for it now they called it catastrophic failure and admitted it was a misS manufactured but I was using a hand load and they font cover that

TwoTracks

FNG
That’s crazy. Who doesn’t shoot handloads through a harvester or Omega? I’ve only called them once asking questions about Which 300 magnums through the Omega. They acted pretty care-free about it but did say 300wm. I’ve heard a couple stories from a local class3 dealer, that SiCo replaced/repaired some absolutely abused cans, no questions asked and kept the original SN. They have a great reputation among people I know. I guess I better be careful. Thanks for clarifyin.

cgasner1

WKR
Ya I emailed them right before I got it out of jail and asked how short they would warranty it to on a win mag it’s 20” so that’s what my smith chopped it to and I was doing load development so I had all my velocities and groups I also sent them I was pushing a 180 Berger at about 2920 when it blew
18780df233370758d2a04a76914e18bd.jpg

TwoTracks

FNG
Holy crap. You think you had a baffle strike or was it just from pressure? Your load don’t sound too extreme to me. Sounds pretty typical. That shouldn’t happen and you’d think they would “rebuild” the can quickly and mail a hat and T-shirt for your trouble. That is beyond frustrating.

cgasner1

WKR
No strike I found the end of the can and the bullet was right in there for the group I don’t think a Berger would hit paper if it made a strike and since the part with the serial number was ruined they couldn’t do a rebuild entire thing really sucked
bd025764a19660d8bfedacc9ea31ed15.jpg

Megalodon

Lil-Rokslider
Do any can manufacturers not have the hand loading clause in their warranty?

Ding ding ding. We got a winner!

I am willing to bet all suppressor companies have that note. Bet most gun manufacturers have a similar caveat too. They’re replacing the can even though they didn’t have to. Sounds like the guy got a good deal.