Suppressor wait times

Unckebob

WKR
Every morning I check my gmail account for an update from the ATF. 90 days for e-file passed in June.

ElPollo

WKR
I wonder if Silencer Shop realizes that you cannot mathematically calculate a median wait time of 180 days for any sample that includes both minimum 1 day and a maximum of 180 days.

Attachments

• 0FCDBA91-76E3-45D9-88CF-2321705CE20A.png
    0FCDBA91-76E3-45D9-88CF-2321705CE20A.png
    266.8 KB · Views: 34

twall13

WKR
I wonder if Silencer Shop realizes that you cannot mathematically calculate a median wait time of 180 days for any sample that includes both minimum 1 day and a maximum of 180 days.
Mathematically, the median is the middle number if you arrange all cases from lowest to highest in order. So, technically, you can have a median of 180 that is also the max. That would mean that there are a lot of those at 180 to make that work, but it is certainly mathematically possible. That wouldn't apply to the mean, but it does to the median.

AZxp

FNG
March 8 still waiting. E forms. Not only infinitely more frustrating to certify but also seemingly no faster. Bravo Fed

slowelk

WKR
Agree, e-file was easy, but still waiting at 153 and feel like I'm no where near getting my can.

Colberjs

WKR
I paid for a .30 cal in Dec. '21 and had it in my hand by middle of April '22. I didn't realize until a few days later that it would get e-filed. So 4 months.

Paid for a .22 cal. the day I picked up the .30 cal and don't have it yet. Hopefully it comes through soon.

I bought on Black Friday last year and did not know it but they ended up e-filing it. I have a couple of emails that funnel into one account. I had to log into the email that I used for my suppressor purchase directly a couple days ago. There was an email in there that for some reason I never got dated January 20th to certify. I didnt get the 2nd notice until the end of Feb but didnt see it until the following week. So, I didnt certify until March and could have done it in January. 🤬

CoStick

WKR
I bought on Black Friday last year and did not know it but they ended up e-filing it. I have a couple of emails that funnel into one account. I had to log into the email that I used for my suppressor purchase directly a couple days ago. There was an email in there that for some reason I never got dated January 20th to certify. I didnt get the 2nd notice until the end of Feb but didnt see it until the following week. So, I didnt certify until March and could have done it in January. 🤬
That is interesting. I walked in purchased suppressor, did eform/fingers printers there and had an email from ATF basically immediately after saying in process. Obviously I have to wait for it go through but what is certification email people are waiting on?

Colberjs

WKR
That is interesting. I walked in purchased suppressor, did eform/fingers printers there and had an email from ATF basically immediately after saying in process. Obviously I have to wait for it go through but what is certification email people are waiting on?
You have to go back into the store and enter your ATF username and password. Nothing more. I don't really understand the purpose. I think mine was a week or two after the initial filing.

CoStick

WKR
You have to go back into the store and enter your ATF username and password. Nothing more. I don't really understand the purpose. I think mine was a week or two after the initial filing.
Okay, thank you. I did that at the same time they finger printed and filled out app. Was about a 10-15 minute process.