Suppressor wait times

I've called twice at 290 and 332. Both times they confirmed my certify day as 4/15/22 and said "you are in processing".
That’s sucks. I submitted on 4/11 for two suppressors. I’ve had them for 3 months almost. Wonder where the breakdown happened? Sorry. Dang government.

Those of you that used silencer shop, after your purchase how long did it take to certify? I have been “preparing for eforms” for almost 3 weeks

Those of you that used silencer shop, after your purchase how long did it take to certify? I have been “preparing for eforms” for almost 3 weeks
When I used silencer shop. It took a long time it seemed like to actually certify. There was some glitch with my encoded something or other and it went back and forth between the dealer and SilencerShop forever before they got it squared away. Ended up being 2 months before it was squared away and finally sent to the atf.

Last edited:
It took 2 weeks. Seemed a lot longer than necessary as silencer central took about the same time and that included sending me the forms for fingerprints. Maybe a second filing will go faster.

Have you contacted the dealer? Mine had to walk me through the form on the phone where we bot had to sign.

It took 2 weeks. Seemed a lot longer than necessary as silencer central took about the same time and that included sending me the forms for fingerprints. Maybe a second filing will go faster.
Second filing goes way faster. My first filing took roughly a month to get certified. I just ordered 3 more from them last week and because they already had all of my information including fingerprints I was certified in 4 days.

Hopefully they're speeding up due to the tsunami of bad reviews.

Silencer Central took a full two weeks to submit to the ATF on my second can with them. They had my picture, prints, trust and previous app that was approved. Add another month on the backend too...

Took mine a full month from purchase to certify. But I don’t have a kiosk or dealer nearby. When I went to my FFL to certify they actually already had the cans in their possession and let me at least see them. Nothing like knowing they are in town and not being able to use or enjoy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took mine a full month from purchase to certify. But I don’t have a kiosk or dealer nearby. When I went to my FFL to certify they actually already had the cans in their possession and let me at least see them. Nothing like knowing they are in town and not being able to use or enjoy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok dumb question. How do I check to see if my purchase is “certified”?

The certified is when you submit your form 4 to the atf. I think you can call the atf and about all they will do is say it’s in process. can be quite a while after you actually buy a suppressor. Both silencer central and silencer shop get the paperwork together then you go online with whomever is filing the transfer so you can certify the paperwork. Silencer shop it’s the local shop who does the submission, silencer central does it in house.

the e-forms site appears to have the functionality to see transfers you have in process, but for me it doesn’t show anything. my best guess is they have not got it working.

I stopped by the LGS last week and they said wait until I get an email. Just seems like it’s taking a long time.

Mine took about a month. I bought end of January and certified middle of March. But I was out of town for a few weeks when the dealer called. Then it took about 8 months to pick it up. So you might as well get used to waiting.

You will receive an email from the ATF with "eForms Application Submission Notification for Permit/Control No*****". You cannot see form4 status in your eforms account, only the dealer can.

You will receive an email from the ATF with "eForms Application Submission Notification for Permit/Control No*****". You cannot see form4 status in your eforms account, only the dealer can.
Hmmmm….I didn’t get any emails about my application from the atf. Submitted electronically through LGS 1/12/23

Back