Suppressor wait times

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Check cashed 4/19/21 - no approval yet.

Last edited:

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
One of the guys that works at a gun shop around my area claims he got his suppressor out of jail in just over 2 months using the eform
I look on reddit and that's about right.

OP
mjs270

mjs270

FNG
Check cashed 4/28/21 and still waiting. Getting inpatient so I called the NFA 800# on Friday. Was on hold for 58 minutes before a very nice lady answered the phone. She was able to tell me that they have my application, confirmed that they cashed my check on 4/28/21 and the application is still pending, so it hasn't even been assigned to anyone yet. She said that's all the info that she could provide. Waited 58 minutes to be told what I already knew so the wait continues. Only in a government system can I walk in and purchase a concealed carry pistol, AR, shotgun, rifle, etc. in a matter of minutes/hours (assuming the background system is working correctly), but it's going to take me a year to get my hands on a suppressor that I already paid for. 🤬

R_W

FNG
I just submitted my eform 4 individual today. They told me the ATF target turnaround is 90 days, so I will report back when it has been approved.

I've been waiting on a paper application to go through since early may 2021. Apparently new e form 4s are turning around in 3 months and those of us at the tail end of the paper forms are just stuck in limbo.

hflier

WKR
ATF stated that they will be prioritizing previously submitted paper applications over electronically submitted until they are caught up. So initial election applications will not be as quickly approved as they expect in the future.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s good news and I hope it’s true. My check was cashed on a paper app at the beginning of November 2021. I still think it’s ridiculous that they allowed people to jump the already established line with e-file.

ATF stated that they will be prioritizing previously submitted paper applications over electronically submitted until they are caught up. So initial election applications will not be as quickly approved as they expect in the future.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I hope this is actually happening, but it doesn't jive with my wait time or how things are flowing out of my local shop.

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
I just got an approval email. i submitted an eform4 through silencer shop end of january so i am less than 90 days. i kinda feel bad getting it so quick when everyone has been waiting 11 months or more that did paper. the prioritizing paper must be a myth though.

Lawnboi

WKR
That’s good news and I hope it’s true. My check was cashed on a paper app at the beginning of November 2021. I still think it’s ridiculous that they allowed people to jump the already established line with e-file.
There is no line. Approval dates even when it was only paper we’re all over. No saying what’s going to happen with the atf

Wait times before eform went online we’re approaching a year on average.

Wait times before eform went online we’re approaching a year on average.
And they should work through that back log first. The ATF's own description of how e-froms speeds up the process makes no logical sense. Saving some mailing and paper shuffling should not save 9 months time.

z987k

WKR
And they should work through that back log first. The ATF's own description of how e-froms speeds up the process makes no logical sense. Saving some mailing and paper shuffling should not save 9 months time.
But when you look how they process things, it kind of does. They have boxes of paper and they go pick one up and start through it. Highly disorganized. Having it all electronic would make it a lot easier to do.