Suppressor wait times

I feel bad to even post this, but just adding as a point of reference of how f’d up this whole process is. I have had 3 other silencers approved in the last year with wait times from 5-9 months on each.

Scythe-Ti, Silencershop Single Shot Trust

Certified 10/12/2023
Approved 12/8/2023
Congratulations! Today is day 200 of my AB Raptor 10. Come on, ATF!

Bluefish

WKR
I am still waiting on July, august, and September certifications. Waits are all over the place, some short, some really long. I saw a graphic of wait time vs submission date Used to be pretty linear, but recently it lost all semblance of a pattern.

TxLite

WKR
I am still waiting on July, august, and September certifications. Waits are all over the place, some short, some really long. I saw a graphic of wait time vs submission date Used to be pretty linear, but recently it lost all semblance of a pattern.
I think it’s always bounced around a bit or at least had quite a few outliers. My first one in 2017 took 11 months. The next two in 2019 were at 2 months while some guys were waiting over a year.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I feel bad to even post this, but just adding as a point of reference of how f’d up this whole process is. I have had 3 other silencers approved in the last 2 years with wait times from 5-9 months on each.

Certified 10/12/2023
Approved 12/8/2023
Wut?! 😮 thats amazing. Glad that someone got theirs quick, I was 10 months for my first two, now I’m 6months deep on my next two…

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
I feel bad to even post this, but just adding as a point of reference of how f’d up this whole process is. I have had 3 other silencers approved in the last 2 years with wait times from 5-9 months on each.

Certified 10/12/2023
Approved 12/8/2023
Congrats! This gives us all that shimmer of hope for reasonable approval times

madgrad02

WKR

Certified 10/12/2023
Approved 12/8/2023
well I am not holding my breath - also certified my Scythe-Ti that same day... pass some of that good mojo this way! 😆

3 in total waiting... hopefully sooner than later!

eltaco

WKR

Certified 10/12/2023
Approved 12/8/2023

Love it!

I am waiting on a Scythe-Ti with a SilencerShop Individual from September. Hate to see some of these guys waiting so long, but also fun to have a glimmer of hope not everyone ends up waiting 10mo+!

Vern400

WKR
My understanding is that the hearing protection act is being put forward in Congress again. We need to get together when petitions and opportunities to write congressman come up and spam the crap out of those guys.

In europe, if you shoot a high-powered rifle without a suppressor you're considered somewhat of a barbarian and not considerate of your neighbors. There are no special restrictions on suppressors and most of Europe although the guns are tightly regulated. There's a lot of precedent that says it's suppressors really aren't a huge safety issue to the public.

The way the Bill's written right now I understand all you guys are going to get your 200 bucks back.

Of course when they're legalized there will be a huge shortage. Then the companies that don't know how to run their business without huge prices will go under. But the competition will bring up some good suppressors at a much much lower price than what we have to pay today. That's if the free enterprise system is allowed to work like it should.

Axlrod

WKR
My understanding is that the hearing protection act is being put forward in Congress again. We need to get together when petitions and opportunities to write congressman come up and spam the crap out of those guys.

In europe, if you shoot a high-powered rifle without a suppressor you're considered somewhat of a barbarian and not considerate of your neighbors. There are no special restrictions on suppressors and most of Europe although the guns are tightly regulated. There's a lot of precedent that says it's suppressors really aren't a huge safety issue to the public.

The way the Bill's written right now I understand all you guys are going to get your 200 bucks back.

Of course when they're legalized there will be a huge shortage. Then the companies that don't know how to run their business without huge prices will go under. But the competition will bring up some good suppressors at a much much lower price than what we have to pay today. That's if the free enterprise system is allowed to work like it should.
It was introduced again Jan 9. According to Govtrak it has 2% chance of getting past committee and 0% chance of being enacted.

It went no where when Trump was in office and the GOP controlled both chambers of congress. Don jr. was even shown at a photo op at one of the big manufactures of suppressors. It is dead.

Sevens

WKR
I would just like there to be some fast-track approval for individuals who’ve already gone through the process. You wait your ~9 months for the first one, but then anything you buy for the next, say, 4 years is auto approved or works like buying a rifle.

At the very least, there should required batch approval for folks with multiple in the queue. It’s all electronic now, seems like it shouldn’t be hard to link new applications for the same person or trust together automatically.

I know we all make this complaint about the inefficiency of the process, I’m just frustrated. Have 2 suppressors I can go use, don’t see why I can’t have my other two in the queue now.