Suppressor wait times

I should’ve never read the last two pages of this thread. I’ve spent equal time hitting refresh on my emails in the last 48 hours than I did actual work, haha!

Awesome for you guys on the short end of the wait times’

Grumman

WKR
Same purchase here, although I have been notified that my Littlebird shipped and no approval for the Raptor. I think I'd rather be in your shoes...

On a positive note though maybe you can get the Littlebird filed and get them both approved together. That is what I was hoping to do but now the Littlebird will be on a wait of its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wesfromky

WKR
I haven't bought a can since prior to e-form. I liked dealing with Silencershop for the cans I have. Do you guys recommend using them again for e-form submission or is it that big of a deal? I liked the kiosk situation as well. Thanks.
I sorta depends on what you have locally, and if they stock what you want. If you go SS they have to form3 it to the shop before they ship, so that can add a couple days to a couple weeks before you can certify. If the local shop has what you want in stock, they can certify you right away.

I have used SS for my 5 (2 approved, 3 in jail) with two different local dealers and it has gone well so far. I did use a SS kiosk for prints, and that was nice.

11boo

WKR
I should’ve never read the last two pages of this thread. I’ve spent equal time hitting refresh on my emails in the last 48 hours than I did actual work, haha!

No kidding. I’m even checking junk files all the time. Fully submitted 1-16-24

Thanks for the reply. Dumb question....does that mean you buy the suppressor from the LGS if they do as you prescribe?
Yes. Hopefully they would be able to have whatever suppressor you wanted in stock or order you one. If not, you’d have to purchase it online and have it shipped to them where you’d pay a pretty hefty $ amount for a Form 3 transfer. At that point I’d just take the delay and use Silencer Shop or see if Capital Armory can do it. Some shops will charge $100-200 for a transfer which is crazy.

Sevens

WKR

This is where I am at. Refresh … refresh …

Yes. Hopefully they would be able to have whatever suppressor you wanted in stock or order you one. If not, you’d have to purchase it online and have it shipped to them where you’d pay a pretty hefty $ amount for a Form 3 transfer. At that point I’d just take the delay and use Silencer Shop or see if Capital Armory can do it. Some shops will charge $100-200 for a transfer which is crazy.
Capitol armory would be even faster if a guy is a tx resident and within driving distance.

TheCougar

WKR
I submitted two back in August and September. Hell, I can't even check the status. I go to the eForms site and click on the links on the left (Abandoned, Approved, Conditionally Approved, etc) and click on every single category and I get a blue spinning wheel and nothing shows up under any of the categories. Its like they don't exist. Two months ago I called the ATF hotline and a guy looked them up for me and said they had been submitted and were in the system, even though I can't see them. Is there another way to check the status?

TxLite

WKR
I submitted two back in August and September. Hell, I can't even check the status. I go to the eForms site and click on the links on the left (Abandoned, Approved, Conditionally Approved, etc) and click on every single category and I get a blue spinning wheel and nothing shows up under any of the categories. Its like they don't exist. Two months ago I called the ATF hotline and a guy looked them up for me and said they had been submitted and were in the system, even though I can't see them. Is there another way to check the status?
They don’t show up on your end. Only on the dealer’s. A form 1 will show up for you but not a form 4.

WKR

WKR
Does anyone know what happens if you have a change of address during the wait period?

If so what is the recommended course of action that won't slow anything down?

brockel

WKR
Does anyone know what happens if you have a change of address during the wait period?

If so what is the recommended course of action that won't slow anything down?
I was told that as long as it’s not to another state it won’t cause issues