Suppressor with good recoil reduction

Jeremyc_1999

Lil-Rokslider
I use a Silencerco Hybrid on my 338 Lapua and it is very manageable. I also use it on other calibers. I would suggest it to anyone looking at getting a suppressor. I haven't shot other brands or models though.

Fellas.....a can does not reduce recoil. It only changes the recoil impulse. Some may perceive this as a reduction in recoil, but the impulse is simply drawn out on a longer wave. There is no can that will compete with a good 3-4 port side vented brake in terms of felt recoil reduction. Yes, it’s loud, but the felt impulse is quick and sharp, unlike a can. I think I have 7-8 different cans and I don’t/won’t compete with any of them. Not bad for hunting, but the ability to stay on target and make quick follow up shots (on steel) goes to the brake no question when on the clock.

Only my opinion, but If you are going to invest in a can and go thru the BS paperwork and wait time, get a good one.....like a Thunderbeast Ultra 7 or 9, SiCo Omega, or a Lane Ti Scorpion.

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
Fellas.....a can does not reduce recoil. It only changes the recoil impulse. Some may perceive this as a reduction in recoil, but the impulse is simply drawn out on a longer wave. There is no can that will compete with a good 3-4 port side vented brake in terms of felt recoil reduction. Yes, it’s loud, but the felt impulse is quick and sharp, unlike a can. I think I have 7-8 different cans and I don’t/won’t compete with any of them. Not bad for hunting, but the ability to stay on target and make quick follow up shots (on steel) goes to the brake no question when on the clock.

Only my opinion, but If you are going to invest in a can and go thru the BS paperwork and wait time, get a good one.....like a Thunderbeast Ultra 7 or 9, SiCo Omega, or a Lane Ti Scorpion.

It reduces FELT recoil by making it a push compared to a slam, maybe we’re talking semantics but the shot is going to feel and sound more gentle. That’s huge for kids shooting compared to a loud concussive brake. Especially when they’re nearby deciding on how afraid they’re going to be when they decide to go pull the trigger.

I agree with the last part of this post a bunch though. Get as light and highest quality as you can.

I really like my titanium Banish 30 compared to my stainless Lane Scorpion.

Curtass

FNG
I run a SilencerCo Omega 30 that has the removable brake at the end on my .300WM and it definitely helps on the recoil. I also run it on my 6.5CM at some comps that I shoot. IMHO you would be happy with that can.

metroplex

FNG
Having used the SciCo Hybrid both with and without the optional brake end cap I am not sure I can feel a difference. I am not sure how effective or necessary a brake on top of a suppressor is since a lot of the gas should have already expanded in the can but it’s cool that these companies are making so many options so you can feel like you can have the best of both worlds at the same time!

It depends on the caliber. I have heard that lighter calibers won't have as much of an effect. I can tell you 110% on my 300WM, the Anchor Brake on my Omega 300 works and I wish more suppressors had this feature. It turned my hard kicking 300WM into a longer lighter pushing rifle with less recoil, less muzzle climb, and a very nice report.
I used an Omega 36M on the same rifle, and it kicked and jumped pretty hard. I only put 6 rounds through the 36M and went back to the Omega 300. I brought my Bergara HMR Pro 300WM as well but without any muzzle devices just to do a comparison... my shoulder still hurts.