Swaro ATC case suggestions

MHWASH

WKR
What are you guys using for a case for the ATC? I'd probably just go without, but the rubber cover on the eye piece wont stay on while in my backpack. I won't pay the $300 for the Swaro Stay on Case.

Antares

WKR
Marsupial just came out with a “mini” case that fits the ATC and the Kowa 553/554. I have the straight version for my 554. Fits good. I like it.

wyosteve

WKR
You’re gonna laugh but I just put mine in one of the larger Crown Royal purple bags! Price is right and works for my needs.

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
first time out this year I used a thick wool sock which was fine, then I bought the marsupial for my STC. It fits perfect but is heavier

ChrisAU

WKR
Marsupial just came out with a “mini” case that fits the ATC and the Kowa 553/554. I have the straight version for my 554. Fits good. I like it.

This is what I got for mine, I like it but will probably attempt my next hunt without it to cut weight and bulk a bit.

OP
MHWASH

MHWASH

WKR
This is what I got for mine, I like it but will probably attempt my next hunt without it to cut weight and bulk a bit.
This was my concern with the Marsupial. I might just do a modified sock case that just covers the eye piece.

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
How do you like your STC so far?
It’s been great. It’s a good little scope. It has the same limitations all small objective spotters have. You’re not going to be glassing extreme long distances but up to about a mile it’s been perfect. Very good clarity through the magnification range and the edge to edge is good. The best part about it is its size though. I’m very happy. If you want a compact scope I don’t know that you could do better

gggaff

FNG
Has anyone use the LensCoat neoprene cover. It looks lighter than the Marsupial but not sure if I want to pay $120 without hearing how well it fits and works with the focus wheel.

Drop coin on alpha and skimp on protection. Doesn't have to make sense to me but you can use some urban engineering...

Option 1: Cut to size and roll your ATC up like a (use your imagination). Side benefit, roll it up and use as a pillow.
iu

Option 2: Cover both ends with neoprene water bottle covers: Side benefit is you can use them to keep your beverages cold in camp
618dt8hG9oL._AC_UL320_.jpg

gggaff

FNG
I am reporting back. I ordered a two pack of neoprene water bottle sleeves on Amazon (Outgeek $8) and cut them to size. It seems like it will work. The only concern I have is how well the focus and magnification wheels will work with the neoprene. May need to make an adjustment after using the scope in the field.

Attachments

• PXL_20231014_181001575.jpg
    PXL_20231014_181001575.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Outgeek Bottle Sleeve 2 Pack Water Bottle Holder Neoprene Carrier _.jpg
    Outgeek Bottle Sleeve 2 Pack Water Bottle Holder Neoprene Carrier _.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 14
OP
MHWASH

MHWASH

WKR
Thats not bad, I'd leave the bottom intact for the eye piece though.

gggaff

FNG
Thats not bad, I'd leave the bottom intact for the eye piece though.
I am using the cover that came with it but I did save the original bottom so I can use that as a separate cover if I lose the original.

Attachments

• PXL_20231014_193643345.jpg
    PXL_20231014_193643345.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 4