Swaro EL Range TA terrible optically

SDHNTR

WKR
Any have an issue not being able to get these clear in low light? Mine are absolutely terrible. In even slightly low light, I cannot get a focused image to save my life. It’s just blurry and distorted. I’ve re set the diopters several times. I know I shouldn’t expect the usual EL clarity and crispness I’m used to, but this is really bad. I own SLC’s too, and they are also WAY better. Is this just me or did I get a dud unit? These are about to go back to Swaro.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Sell them to me for a loss

Jk (not really though). I have not had this issue the few times messing with them

-Cover both barrels.
-hold down the menu button until the menu comes up
-adjust the right diopter until the display is crisp and focused.
-exit the menu
-find an object 20 ft away
-uncover the right barrel and focus on that object 20 ft away using the focus dial until it's crisp and focused
-cover the right barrel and expose the left barrel.
-focus on that same object 20 ft away using the left diopter until it's crisp and focused

If you do that and it's still not giving you a good image, send them in.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
-Cover both barrels.
-exit the menu
-uncover the right barrel and focus on that object 20 ft away using the focus dial until it's crisp and focused
-focus on that same object 20 ft away using the left diopter until it's crisp and focused

Hmm, i don’t have them handy but I think that’s a bit different than the diopter adjustment instructions from Swaro.

Mine aren't nearly as nice as my NL pures, which is expected, but they are still great. I did have to send mine in for repair for the RF last year, even with a fresh battery they stopped ranging past 500 yards. Sounds like you might need to send yours in

-Cover both barrels.
-exit the menu

This is the way I focus mine too. I have EL’s and NL’s as well and my EL TA’s give up nothing optically to either of them.