Swaro SLC 10x42 Neu vs. HD

HuntWyld

WKR
Just bought a pair of 2005 Swaro slc so I guess they would be the NEU. I purchased them from B&H for $1200 and was under the impression they were the HD glass until they arrived. Clearly they are the pre HD version but appear in good shape. My question is to those of you that have used both pre HD and the newer slc Swaros, should I send these back and just pay the couple hundred extra to advance to the HDs? Or are these so close to the newer ones in optical quality that I should be happy with the purchase?... I’m coming from razor HDs so it’s all an upgrade for me. Thanks in advance

gregory r

Lil-Rokslider
I think I would return them. They went to the easy clean, hydrophobic lenses in 2006. They are a very good bino, but I have seen the hd sell for $1300.00 used.

gregory r

Lil-Rokslider
I see you bought the hd's in the classifieds. Great decision. The first gen hd that you got, has a closer focus than the current generation. Alot of people prefer them to the current hd on the Bird forums. Congrats!

OP
HuntWyld

HuntWyld

WKR
Thanks for the advice I appreciate the feedback. I think those will be a better option, I haven’t heard from the guy yet tho so hopefully it works out.

gregory r

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely the better option. Good Luck. Hope it works out. If not, with some patience, You can find the current hd for that price.

Snogdiper

FNG
I'd love to hear your thoughts on how the 2 compare once you get to look through the hd's!

OP
HuntWyld

HuntWyld

WKR
I bought a set brand new from overseas at a good price so I’ll let you know once they arrive

Trial153

WKR
Yes, I dont think that's good price for the older verison. Considering hou can get the HDs for around 1500 new and 1300 used a couple years old.

4ester

WKR
Paid 1K for my NEU’s 3 years ago. They are a good bino, very well made, kinda heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk