Swaro STC “BIG EYES”

Beendare

WKR
Swaro used to make a 30x bino…poor sales they discontinued about 20 years ago. Looks like a rectangular box.

You should be able to find them on eBay

Swaro used to make a 30x bino…poor sales they discontinued about 20 years ago. Looks like a rectangular box.

You should be able to find them on eBay
Pretty hard to find a set of them. They are 30x75 Pretty cool binos if someone can find them for sale somewhere.

You can sign up for FedEx delivery manager and have literally anything you order that's shipped FedEx held at a local Walgreens.

MattB

WKR
Wouldn’t you think a company like Swarovski would (could? Not certain it’s a solvable problem for their engineers or a desire of their management). design, engineer and manufacture a product that‘d afford a solution for their niche customer base…damn.

Literally would OWN the market if they’d make correct decisions.

Glad you’ve engineered a backyard solution Swarovski engineers couldn’t provide.
Very likely not a large enough market for it.

They did for a short period of time offer twin STS 80’s but dropped them.
What do you mean? Swarovski offered twin STS80?

I’ve seen and used the 30x 75, British army commissioned for use on observation towers not far from me. Decent enough for the time but wouldn’t hold up Vs new offerings.

HvyBeams

Lil-Rokslider
Any updates on these @Travis Hobbs? I see there are a couple of videos on YouTube. I had a set of 65STS big eyes. They were just too cumbersome and slow to deploy. Can you glass with the eyecups attached?

OP
Travis Hobbs
Any updates on these @Travis Hobbs? I see there are a couple of videos on YouTube. I had a set of 65STS big eyes. They were just too cumbersome and slow to deploy. Can you glass with the eyecups attached?

Still loving them! I’m not putting tons of time behind them yet, but I have gotten around 10 hours I’d say behind them. I’m blown away every time I use them still! Loving them….

I have tried to keep the eyecups on, but I gotta remove them to be super comfortable. The eyecups are Hitting my nose slightly and I really like to be “hands off” or nothing touching my glass.

I have learned that I need a good soft case, haven’t figured out how to go about it yet.

As soon as I start seeing bare ground around here I’ll be on them more and more!

Could the main problem have been easily solved if swaro would have just come out with doublers they were worth a $hit for the slc’s?

@Travis Hobbs is it doable to take one STC off if you want to go really small and light for a day or two or would it be to much of a pain to do that? What's your thoughts on this? Thank you!

@Travis Hobbs is it doable to take one STC off if you want to go really small and light for a day or two or would it be to much of a pain to do that? What's your thoughts on this? Thank you!
Not Travis but just got my set..it takes some time and effort to set IPD and collimate correctly. Maybe it’ll get easier the more I practice..I would not really want to mess with it on a hunt. But if you’re doing a backpack hunt or something like that and have time to re-collimate afterwards then definitely you could do that, I probably will do this for certain hunts.

Not Travis but just got my set..it takes some time and effort to set IPD and collimate correctly. Maybe it’ll get easier the more I practice..I would not really want to mess with it on a hunt. But if you’re doing a backpack hunt or something like that and have time to re-collimate afterwards then definitely you could do that, I probably will do this for certain hunts.
Thank you! I would be nice if you could just take the round brackets off one scope and not mess with the bottom part of the bracket.

BBob

WKR
@Ynothunt41 I tried that with the STC's. They never go back together exactly the same and had to be collimated every time you took one out and put it back. I ended up with three STC's so I can leave the twins together and don't have to mess with them.

@Ynothunt41 I tried that with the STC's. They never go back together exactly the same and had to be collimated every time you took one out and put it back. I ended up with three STC's so I can leave the twins together and don't have to mess with them.
I am hoping that doesn’t happen to me in the future but hey there are worse things to own three of!

OP
Travis Hobbs
I couldn’t agree more with willfrye on this ^^^

It’s something doable, but is not going to be a super simple task that you could switch back and forth sitting in a tent after a days hunt.

You could definitely do it in the field, with some basic tools and a little time.

I was really hoping it would be something I could switch back and forth in a few minutes.

I will say I’m really still loving these twin STC’s