Swarovski Binos - Recommendation for WhiteTail Saddle Hunting

I'm in the market for a pair of high end Swarovski binos. The application will be primarily for hunting whitetail here in Ohio from a saddle. I'm looking for the very best optics that are also compact and lightweight. I would also like a recommendation on a bino harness to pair with the binos. I read good things about AGC, Marsupial and Sitka. I want a harness that's not to bulky, lightweight, quite, protects my binos, and functions well with one hand use. I would also like harness to be able to store my ranger finder for quick access.

TBHasler

WKR
8X for that application. I’ve used 8x for hunting in thick woods/underbrush. Unless your saddled up in a single lone tree, you’re not likely glassing great distance.
Sounds like your set on Swaro and the smaller magnification should help keep $ down some. There have been some 8x in the classifieds recently so might search there for best value.
Good luck

weaver

WKR
Honestly Swaros are overkill for your application but if you have the funds go for it. Prefer 8x32s for woods whitetail hunting. I like my AGC harness for western hunting but for treestand hunting I like a simple webbing harness like crooked horn or a Rick young. Quiet and easy one hand access. For a real bino pack the kuiu one is probably the quietest one I've used.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

8x32 el sv in a marsupial harness.
I have these and 10x42 el sv.
8s would be fantastic for your needs.
When the leaves come off and I'm in open mountain ground I prefer the 10s but that's just me.

Either the SLC 8s or the EL 8s would serve you well. You can decide if the additional $$ for the ELs will be worth it. Depending on how things truly area, the 10x42s can work well.

I personally am not a fan of the elastic binocular harnesses. They kept snagging, did not care for the flopping/sagging, and offered zero protection. Works fine if you are running Wal-Mart specials but the Swaros deserve better.

I have both the ACG and Kuiu harnesses. Both do a great job at keeping everything protected and the binoculars are easy to access. As soon as you want additional storage, that is when things get bulky (vertical or horizontal). On my ACG, the front pocket holds my range finder. No issues accessing the range finder one-handed. The Kuiu you have to get an add-on. There is a also add-on holder that goes to the side or one that velcro on the bottom

For me the ACG is easier to do everything one-handed but it does protrude farther from my chest. This "easiness" may very well be due to how long I have had it in comparison to the Kuiu. The Kuiu you'll either add length to the bottom or to the side (which can be another item to snag).

pirogue

WKR
If you’re a saddle hunter, you’re probably a bow hunter. One thing to consider about the newer Kuiu Pro harness is that it is not sized the same as the old model. I have both and the the old size L fit my Swaros 10X42 EL nicely. The Pro size L allows about a half inch sloppy space inside, and sticks out from the chest that much more, which is not what a bow hunter wants.

tdot

WKR
I have the 8x32 El, fantastic bino's. But for sub 100 yard still hunting, which I would assume would be the range youd be looking at, I'd seriously look at the 8x Companion as well. Quite abit slimmer and noticeably more compact/handier with one hand. Kuiu original harness is just about the slimmest and quietest I've used. AGC is way too big. I didnt like the zippers of the Sitka.

elkguide

WKR
I bought a pair of 10X42 EL's when I was guiding in Wyoming and figured that they would be overkill here in the thick woods of Vermont but I don't feel handicapped in any way. Love mine.

fatlander

WKR
You’re doing yourself a disservice if you don’t consider the Outdoor Vision Ridgetop harness. Leaps and bound better than ACG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-file

Lil-Rokslider
You could also save a little cash and look at the meopta meostar 8x32. Great glass and great feel when holding. The cabellas branded ones felt a little slippery. But overall I preferred them to the swaro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pair of Leica Ultravid 8x32 for my whitetail adventures, Rick Young harness on it now. If I stick with compound hunting I'll find a harness that I can attach my rangefinder to (on the lookout for a good one)

If I pick up a trad bow I'll stick with the RY. Good luck on your search!