Swarovski EL 8.5 x 42 vs NL Pure 8 x 42

There are great deals online for Swarovski ELs at $1999. I've read multiple reports that the ELs are right there with the NL Pures as far as clarity, contrast and low light performance. The NL Pures have a larger FOV and some argue thats unless really has the extra to spend, nothing is lost going the EL route.

Has anyone made this comparison?

MattB355

Lil-Rokslider
I have both the EL and NL. The NL is great but I cannot tell any difference in optical quality between my 10x42 EL's, and 12x42NL's. The FOV is much better on the NL but not a deal breaker or big deal at all. I would go with the EL's and pocket the extra $1000+. If you have to have the best of the best you can't go wrong with the NL's. I love mine but don't think my EL's are going anywhere.

I have EL’s and NL’s too, no there’s no difference in glass quality, both are equally amazing. The differences in the models have been covered here a lot. At $500-$700 difference I’d spend the extra for NL’s, but not at $1K plus.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Fwiw I’ve seen half dozen or so used 8.5x on here for closer to $1500 vs $2k. Be tough to pass up. I have zero need but find myself clicking on all of them. Just wanting.