Swarovski now has AI incorporated in an optic

I don’t know any numbers but in and around my circles birdwatching is booming. They’re traveling and spending $$$ like crazy on gear just like all us silly hunters o_O
We used to have groups of them charter the boat for 18hr bird watching trips, and they weren’t cheap, and it wasn’t like they were going focused to see some particular species, and holy smokes were those boring trips

I’m so glad those aren’t a thing anymore, unless we could catch albacore at the same time to break the boredom

I enjoy birdwatching but I have to question Swaro’s thinking on this one.

How many people are simultaneously so into birding that they are going to drop $3k on binos but not into birding enough to know what birds they are looking at?

How many people are simultaneously so into birding that they are going to drop $3k on binos but not into birding enough to know what birds they are looking at?

They launched a bino with camera and video capability that has onboard image recognition. They no longer need a person to be an avid birder, just interested in being outdoors, wanting to capture photos/ videos of what they see, and having enough disposable income to afford their price.

Axlrod

WKR

3k? they are $4800. Swaro knows what they are doing, but like a lot of things people buy, I don't understand it either.

eamyrick

WKR
I’ve been messing with them at DSC. Awesome concept that I think will shine 3-4 years from now. My understanding is that they are open for app development. Think scoring an elk or measuring 50 inch legal moose rack/full curl sheep. Won’t be on my short list to grab quite yet but I was surprised how many folks came to the booth to request a pair.