Swarovski universal mount vs outdoorsmans

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
I have a set of the swaro EL range and I just got a vortex pro gt tripod..I’m wondering if anyone has had any problems with the outdoorsman set up and if it was really worth the extra money? Or if I should get the swaro universal because I read the center of gravity was better on them? I’m heading up for my first Colorado elk hunt and I’m on a budget since I still have a few more pieces of gear I need to get. And I’m also hoping to maybe make it out to Arizona for mule deer.

Outdoorsmans and on a budget don't go together in the same conversation.......

That being said I own just about every product the outdoorsmans make and have duplicates of several of their offerings.... yeah I have issues.

I had the stud installed in my 10x 42 el sv and really like it. Their Bino adapter system when used with their pistol grip head and panner is my personal favorite.

If you are not mounting your binos on a tripod you are really missing out.

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider

That being said I own just about every product the outdoorsmans make and have duplicates of several of their offerings.... yeah I have issues.

I had the stud installed in my 10x 42 el sv and really like it. Their Bino adapter system when used with their pistol grip head and panner is my personal favorite.

Any issues with the stud? I know it won’t ruin the warranty but I’m still having a hard time with the fact they have to press them in there. I’m totally okay with the buy once cry once Motto but I just want to make sure it’s worth it.

No issues. It is done in the machine shop that machines the outdoorsmans heads and accessories. When you see the quality of their work your worries will go away. The simplicity of design and quality of build are what make them so expensive and sought after.
I have never heard of a pressed stud failure and I am sure if it ever did outdoorsmans would make it right.

Myronman3

Lil-Rokslider
i went with the swaro mount because i didnt want to send my binos off again. Havent had a chance to use them though.

Longhorn

FNG

I am just about to order the Els and saw outdoorsmans was having a sale w/ free stud install. Thanks for providing your feedback here.

cski100

Lil-Rokslider
Outdoorsmans all the way. Pricey but worth it.
Swaro adapter has a tendency to work its way loose and won’t stay tight on the Swaro stud. Outdoorsmans adapter click locks on their installed stud and you can run down the knurled knob to tighten so binos won’t pivot on stud.
Was worried about sending my 12’s to Outdoorsmans but everything went smooth. They called me to let me know that they had received them and received shipping confirmation when they were on their way back. Sent in my 10’s later and same exact service. Just make sure they receive them buy Thursday of the week (See Outdoorsmans website stud install info on shipping/turnaround time)
Great customer service with great products. Go Outdoorsmans and don’t look back.

ElkElkGoose

Lil-Rokslider
The outdoorsmans bino stud thing is great, their $400 panhead not so much. It doesnt really pan as much as it skips and jerks on the verticle plane.

I recently switched to the sirui va5 head and although a few ounces heavier is an absolute dream to glass with. It actually smoothly pans. I have the outdoorsmans tripod adapter stud thing mounted on an arca swiss plate to use on this head.