Sweaty feet and Cripis

kpbrown31

FNG
Am I going to hate the all leather Nevadas? I also have what I consider to be a narrow heel, so also hearing the Briksdal might be a good option. I will mostly be using them for 1x/year archery elk hunt out west. Thanks!

nobody

WKR
Feet sweat when you're active. What's critical is what your boot does with that moisture once its introduced. I've run Crispi boots exclusively for 5 or 6 years, and I've only run their synthetic boots. They breathe well enough to not cause blisters, but I still peel off my boots and let everything air out and dry any chance I get. I remember reading somewhere that when you're active and sweating you can lose something like 2 quarts of water per foot per day or something? That's why I always take them off when I can.

OP
K

kpbrown31

FNG
Feet sweat when you're active. What's critical is what your boot does with that moisture once its introduced. I've run Crispi boots exclusively for 5 or 6 years, and I've only run their synthetic boots. They breathe well enough to not cause blisters, but I still peel off my boots and let everything air out and dry any chance I get. I remember reading somewhere that when you're active and sweating you can lose something like 2 quarts of water per foot per day or something? That's why I always take them off when I can.
It sure feels like my feet sweat 2 quarts some times lol. Have you had any experience with their Colorado boots? That was originally my first choice, but some say the all leather boots (ex: Nevada), are a more universal, all around boot that will out last a synthetic boot.

CentralFLMike

Lil-Rokslider
My feet sweat terribly, regardless of liner/sock/boot combination or material I've tried over the years. I began using unscented anti-perspirant on my feet. It definitely makes a noticeable difference.

My feet sweat terribly, regardless of liner/sock/boot combination or material I've tried over the years. I began using unscented anti-perspirant on my feet. It definitely makes a noticeable difference.
I've yet to give this a try but I should.

In hot conditions I will take off my boots and socks every break I can to let them air out.

nobody

WKR
It sure feels like my feet sweat 2 quarts some times lol. Have you had any experience with their Colorado boots? That was originally my first choice, but some say the all leather boots (ex: Nevada), are a more universal, all around boot that will out last a synthetic boot.
I've never run the Colorados, but I've been running the Thor's and the Idaho's which are similar synthetic construction. The Nevada and Guide all leather boots seem more durable and seem like they will have better longevity, but the synthetic boots sure do breathe great. But I still unlace them at minimum and open the tongue and pull up my pant legs when I'm glassing and resting in the middle of the day. If I've been covering country, I peel off the boots and my socks and air it all out. The Goretex keeps you from swimming, but you'll still sweat. I sweat like a fat kid during two-a-day football when I'm hiking, so maybe you won't fight it as bad as me.

Firehawk

WKR
I run both the Nevada and the Colorado. I bought the Colorado specifically to help reduce moisture in my boot. They definitely breathe better. I prefer them to my Nevadas most of the time. And I also have found it helpful to loosen them up and even remove them if possible to let my feet "air out" if I am sitting and glassing/resting a time or two a day. Seems to help.

positivepete!

Lil-Rokslider
I had the colorados for about a year before I wore them out. I used them every day as my work boot. They were in no way water resistant after about the first 2 months so it is my guess that they breathed much better after that "waterproof" liner broke down. I use darn tuff socks and didnt have any issues with moisture from the inside out but if I walked across a wet lawn those boots seemed to absorb water like a sponge. I switched to scarpas since and with darn tough socks I haven't had moisture issues in any way. I think a good pair of socks goes a long way.

Eastfork

FNG
this is the only way i can survive cold weather hunting. my feet sweat so bad when im hiking that my feet freeze so fast in the cold. i use spray anti-perspirant and it works wonders!! i tried so many different boots but it made no difference. lowa, kenetrek, asolo, hanwag and crispi. it didnt matter all the same