SWFA 1-4x24 turret problem

np307

Lil-Rokslider
I recently picked one of these up used. I put it on my AR and took it to the range today. While getting an initial zero, the elevation turret began spinning out instead of adjusting. This is a different style than the turret on the 3-9 SWFA that I have so I'm curious if this is a known issue or if there is a suggested remedy?

My initial thought is that I either a) need a new o ring on the turret b) need a special tool to tighten the turret further (but it indexes to the correct location by tightening by hand) c) need to apply an adhesive to lock the turret to the scope body. C is the option I'm most hesitant on obviously.

Pictures to hopefully explain better. 20230911_193123.jpg20230911_193116.jpg

Their customer service is top notch in my experience. I’d call or email them. I wager they send you a new one.

qotsa23

FNG
That's not ideal. Is the inside of brass ring in the body of the scope threaded?

Lando

WKR
I don't think you necessarily need to volunteer that the scope was used when you bought it. They didn't ask me where I bought my scope the only time I had a problem.

OP
N

np307

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think you necessarily need to volunteer that the scope was used when you bought it. They didn't ask me where I bought my scope the only time I had a problem.
In my experience, most companies that care would ask for a proof of purchase.

I just returned that same exact scope. Had it on the kids crossbow and the zoom was binding a bit. I sent it in and no questions asked a brand new one appeared the next week.

All of the gas that was in your scope is now out of your scope.

If you want something other than a fog generator, you'll need to send it in.

OP
N

np307

Lil-Rokslider
Got an email back this morning after I sent a picture in. They said to send it in and most likely would replace it.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
SWFA will replace without proof of purchase and you don't have to be the original purchaser. I had a 2.5-10x32 turn into a rattle and the reticle turn sideways. Called, they ask for my info, said they couldn't find a record of my purchase but that it didn't matter, and sent a new one. It was perfection in standing behind their product.