Swfa 1-4x24?

Anyone have any experience with this scope? I’m plotting on a slug gun build and am looking for an appropriate scope to put on it. I like the 1-4x range

Any reason to not go this route?

Billogna

Lil-Rokslider
The mil quad DM reticle covers too much of the target for my taste. If it had the basic mil-quad it would be great!

I haven't had one in my hands. But same problem as the swfa 3-15 for me.

The magnification dial spins the opposite direction as everything else on earth.

The 1-4 is also not made in the same factory as the other swfa scopes.

Tod osier

WKR
Anyone have any experience with this scope? I’m plotting on a slug gun build and am looking for an appropriate scope to put on it. I like the 1-4x range

Any reason to not go this route?

I have no actual experience, but I had been interested in getting one. They are supposed to be more tender than the others. I'd now consider the 1-6, which is supposed to be on par with the rest of the line up.

I shot a small buck and a large coyote last week on national forest with one atop of a single shot 45-70. Have another one for sale on classified (new in box). Bought two, one for that gun and another for crossbow, but went another route on the crossbow. It's been good so far especially for my close range hunting.

Firth

FNG
I have one on a 10/22 and one on an AR-15. The one on the 10/22 wouldn't focus out of the box. SWFA replaced it (after a several month wait to get back in stock). The next one focused fine but the power ring locked up within the first outing or two for ground squirrels. They gave me store credit because they were still out of stock, and I sat on it for a while and eventually replaced it again when they came back in stock. I haven't had problems with the third sample.

The one on the AR-15 has been fine so far. I think it's a decent option for 1x on a budget, as long as it works (always the kicker right?). After my own experience and also reading the comments about them on hard kickers I don't trust them like my other SWFA scopes, and I would be pretty leery of putting one on a slug gun.

BLJ

WKR
Is the 1-6 still offered? I haven’t seen it in there site in a while.

qotsa23

FNG
You could look for a 1-4 HD. Made in Japan like the 1-6. There are two on ebay...and I have one I might let go.

OP
roosiebull
I will keep an eye out for one… if not, trijicon has an option and the optika 6 has several options

I just need something with a low end magnification that will hold up to 20 gauge recoil, and will not be shot a lot.

I just sighted in a slug gun last night and it’s not a glorious experience… but certainly a good option to have here. Worth it to have just to hunt lions, s lot of good areas that I know very well that’s all shotgun/archery only.

A family member owns a chunk of land in such area, as well as my in-laws, which I have no desire to hunt myself, but it’s a good thing to have for others

GiantGreg

Lil-Rokslider
In have the 1-4 classic swfa. It was a huge waste of money. it’s not a 1-4 it’s like a 0.8-4 , tunnels is horrible. And Illum sucks. Reticle might work ok at 1x if the scope was easy to set at 1x and if the illum worked well.
Anything past 100 yards the target better be elephant sized because the diamond covers up everything . I like swfa but this scope was is a major flop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk